• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

an internal error occurred: ?:0: attempt to index a nil value

Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday and today, when deleting rejected files from my disk, I've received the following error: "an internal error occurred: ?:0: attempt to index a nil value."  What's going on?  This catalog seems OK, Lightroom CC Classic is working, but this is a new twist. What causes this, and what can I do to fix it? I'd rather not do anything that will destabilize my catalog, it's got 13 years of photos and data for a long term research project on harbor seals. Suggestions please!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Since no answer exist for this issue and I have encountered the same error while creating a new "Folder" and "Gallery" in Lightroom Publishing services - only to encounter this error.

I did find a FIX -

* - Edit settings for the Plug In (Assuming this is the item that is having the issue - for me it was)

* - Under the Publishing and Syncing panel make sure "Sync Photos" is check and then click on the "Sync Now" button.

This fixed all for me and all is working as should be now.  After doing this, I

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davidm92098731  wrote

SO, ADOBE, WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO ADDRESS THIS??????

Remember this is a internet Forum not a support page, Adobe Employees rarely view much less act on this site.

Instead of asking that question here place your issue at:

Lightroom Classic CC | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received this error after, having moved my lightroom catalogue to an iMac from an old PC, trying to find missing folders on an external harddrive (Synology NAS).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had this very frustrating problem crop up suddenly, and doing a 'Reset Preferences' action at Lr Classic startup finally solved the problem.  For now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realized that the error will only come up if I deleted rejected photos (ctrl+backspace) while I was viewing/selected a rejected photo in loupe view. No issues while viewing an unflagged/picked image or when in grid view. So if this is a problem that ocurrs when deleting rejected photos then use grid view or make sure you're not viewing a rejected photo when you delete all rejected photos because this will bring up the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had same error using Smugmug.   Syncing now seems to have fixed the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens to me all the time, too. I delete a photo, LR gets 'lost' and doesn't know where it is in the grid anymore and displays this silly message. I feel that all that's needed to resolve this is a line of code that tells LR to simply move to the 'next' photo in the grid. Shouldn't be too difficult, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am no longer able to send email via Lightroom Classic 10. I have no idea how to fix this.

Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 8.11.37 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the identical issue today with LR 10. Any solution for this so far ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been patiently waiting but have not heard a word about how to fix this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe they fix it  in LR 15 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem in my mac when trying to mail photos.  Using 10.0 release of lightroom classic.  This is new.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re sending email from LR: LR 10 broke this, and Adobe has acknowledged the bug:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-10-email-not-workin... 

The only known workaround is to roll back to LR 9.4, which could be painful if you've done a lot of work in 10.0 you don't want to lose.

Please add your constructive opinion to the bug report, and be sure to click Like and Follow at the bottom of the first post. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe will prioritize a fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem with "internal error, ? 0:attempt to index field font (a nil value)", error message occurs everytime I try to email photos from Lightroom CC Classic. Previously it worked fine and now, unable to email directly from Lightroom. What gives?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A known problem. If you are on a Mac, you can get around it by choosing to
use the local Mail program (in the From prompt in the LR window). Before
you do that, you have to have set up Apple's Mail program to use your
normal ail server. For example, I use gmail and set up the Apple Mail to
send and receive using that. A pain in the butt but it at least gets you
going until someone at Adobe gets around to fixing it. Note that you don't
have to use the Apple Mail app otherwise. You can continue using whatever
you normally use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue, but the error is being thrown before I get to the choice of which client to use...  This just started after the lastest drop of Lightroom CC - Release 10 and under DNG Converter 13

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before you even got the box that looks like this?

[image: Screen Shot 2020-12-17 at 08.48.57.png]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oops, had to log in to include a pic:

Screen Shot 2020-12-17 at 08.48.57.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

?:0: attempt to index field 'rootFile' (a nil value)

I am having this same problem on 5/23/2021 when trying to delete photos from my LRC catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please copy and paste here the first ten lines from the menu command Help > System Info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only recently started seeing the same error message, but in a different context from previous posts:

error message.JPG

 I get this message when using Tethered Capture, but only when I try to use it the second time. The only way I can start another session of tethered capture is to exit Lightroom and restart. Then it works fine, but only if I keep the session active. I am using Lightroom Classic version 10.3, Windows 10, the Fujifilm Tethered Capture plug-in. I have used this plug-in for several years with no hiccups, but recently I have experienced this annoying behavior, requiring me to exit Lightroom and start over if I want to resume tethered capure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I am using Lightroom Classic version 10.3, Windows 10, the Fujifilm Tethered Capture plug-in."

The cause of this problem could be a bug introduced in recent versions of LR, or it could be a bug in the plugin that's only recently triggered by recent versions of LR.

For better or worse, I think it's very unlikely Adobe will pay much attention to such problems unless Fujifilm themselves talk with Adobe. So your best bet is to contact Fujifilm support.  (I'm speaking as a plugin developer with 11 years of experience with LR.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply -- I'll do that. Just to complete the picture, today I discovered that there was an update for the Fujifilm Tether plug-in. I downloaded it, but no change in the behavior reported above. Again, I appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been receiving this same message when trying to export my finished images. I tried many of the fixes listed in these threads. However, in my case, it turned out to be the catalog that had a problem. I was able to export the images by creating a NEW CATALOG, then importing the images from the original catalog into it, to then export it. Hopefully my sharing this will help someone else. Here are the steps.

File > New Catalog > (name it) Create > the new catalog will then open...

File > Import From Another Catalog > (find original catalog) Double Click to open or click Choose > (check box) Import.
Once the images have completed the import, you may export as you normally would.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DallasH_0-1643495093123.png

I get a similar error but it's not quite the same.   It happens every time I try to upload a photo book from LrC to Blub.   Adobe has replaced my LrC twice.   It's a big waste of time so far.   They are escalating (finally!) to a higher level technical person soon (nothing scheduled yet).   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issue is I'm getting this error "Light room Unexpected error performing command: ?:0: attempts to call method 'makeKeyAndOrderFront' (a nil value)" when I go to COPY my edits on a single photo.  I've ALWAYS been able to do this.  Lots of strange things as well like can't hit control and select a group of images to edit.  

What's up?

I'm NOT technical, so please- simple answers and fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines