• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

An unknown error has occurred while reading the video file. Connecting to Dynamic Link server failed

Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Lightroom Classic CC 9.0 on Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.1 and failed to import video files from my iPhone all of a sudden.

I have tried the following to no vail:

-  Deleting ~/Library/Preferences/Adobe/dynamiclinkmanager, dynamiclinkmediaserver, DyanmicLinkMediaServer

- Uninstalling and reinstalling LR Classic CC 9.0

- Running Creative Cloud cleaner and then reinstalling LR Classic CC 9.0

- Deleting ~/Library/Preferences/Adobe/

Please advise!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rebooting your computer will likely fix the issue. You can also quit Lightroom, go into activity monitor and kill dynamic link manager there. Then start Classic again and it should restart dynamic link manager and should be able to play videos again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I did all that and it still doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure Classic has access to removable volumes in the Security & Privacy pane of system preferences. Look in the privacy tab and scroll down to Files and Folders. Make sure everything is enabled for Lightroom Classic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jao. I just checked that and LR Classic already has access to everything. One other thing I found is that I can no longer play videos. When I double click any video file, the play button is grayed out. There's no problem playing the video from the Finder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last option is that the permissions on your Adobe folder in your ~/Library/Preferences/Adobe folder are set incorrectly. Follow the procedure described here to fix: http://blogs.adobe.com/kevinmonahan/2014/09/10/premiere-pro-cc-freezing-on-startup-or-crashing-while... I know this is described for premiere problems but it is the same solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Thanks for the suggestions. I've tried all of the steps posted here and even resintalled macOS, but Lightroom still is not importing my videos. I imported some test .MP4s today, removed them, and then tried to re-import. I got the error message: "There is a problem with the video file." Any other options?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I was just wondering if you have found any solution to this. I have the exact same issue and running the exact same system and tried all the suggestions already that have been posted up to this date. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I updated to version 9.3 and videos still fail to import. Did the update fix our problem for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines