Highlighted

Analyse picture adjustments for personal presets

New Here ,
May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LR community, 

Because Lightroom is based on a database, it should be relatively easy to get evaluations via image settings.
I am particularly interested in an overall evaluation of which settings I have mostly changed in pictures. For example, how many of my pictures did I change the clarity, contrast, etc. I would then be interested in what the average value of the adjustments was.
This would help to create personal presets based on the analyzed data and not on feelings.
Are there ways to analyse this? The evaluations could also run in an AI engine to create possible suggestions for presets.

Kind regards
Martin

TOPICS
Feature request, Presets or profiles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Analyse picture adjustments for personal presets

New Here ,
May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LR community, 

Because Lightroom is based on a database, it should be relatively easy to get evaluations via image settings.
I am particularly interested in an overall evaluation of which settings I have mostly changed in pictures. For example, how many of my pictures did I change the clarity, contrast, etc. I would then be interested in what the average value of the adjustments was.
This would help to create personal presets based on the analyzed data and not on feelings.
Are there ways to analyse this? The evaluations could also run in an AI engine to create possible suggestions for presets.

Kind regards
Martin

TOPICS
Feature request, Presets or profiles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 02, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Because Lightroom is based on a database, it should be relatively easy to get evaluations via image settings."

I guess the answer depends on your definition of "relatively easy". If you know how to write SQL code and you know where these things are stored in the Lightroom database, yep, "relatively easy". Otherwise, not so easy.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 02, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this plugin.  It looks like what you need.  There is a youtube video that shows what it does on the linked page.  

https://www.photographers-toolbox.com/products/lightroomstatistics/photosettingsviewer/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 02, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob, 

i found this plugin too.  This is not what I'm looking for at the end. The tool uses the selected images to determine the individual values per image and displays them side by side in a table. However, I would like an evaluation of n pictures and the mean value per setting.

For example... 

I guess I use the clarity setting on almost every picture. If I compare 10 pictures I can easily calculate the average value myself. With more than 10,000 pictures it will be difficult ... ;-).
I'm just amazed that something like that isn't built into Lightroom. However, all the data is available, so that would really only be a few SQL statements.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 03, 2020 0
Jao vdL LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah best would be to do this outside of Lightroom by querying the SQL database and doing your analysis there. That shouldn't be very hard but probably not something that can be done quickly. You can also look into Jeffrey Friedl's excellent plugins. He has a plugin that can do more or less what you are looking for called Data Explorer: http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-goodies/data-explorer which can show you basically a histogram of the number of images in a selection tbased on clarity settings and to for example select those images with a certain range of clarity settings.

I can't imagine Adobe building anything like this into the software. What might be an interesting idea is to have a built in AI doing machine learning on your image settings to basically arrive at an AI that can automatically apply your style. Basically the auto button but personalized and based on your style and not on the photographers they used to train the built-in AI. That would be quite neat but if Adobe does something like that I'd imagine it showing up in Lightroom Cloudy and not in Classic.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 03, 2020 0