• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any way to backup default settings of different camera as a file for LR Classic?

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

Hope you are well.

I use various cameras as I own five different cameras and also for review etc. I do get a fair amount of cameras and lenses. I set specific defaults to each cameras, for example I reduce sharpness from default 40 to 20. Then I use the "Set default settings" to save that so on next import it will apply that setting. Being also a windows insider member I frequently re-install windows to troubleshoot etc. and I was wondering if there is a way to backup for example a file or something where these default settings are saved so I can just copy them back on a new installation without having to keep setting them up for each and every camera. Is there a way to backup this settings?

Many thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Oct 26, 2019 Oct 26, 2019

C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\Defaults. Xmp files can be read with Notepad.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2019 Oct 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, but you could save these settings as a preset as well as making them the default camera settings.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\Defaults. Xmp files can be read with Notepad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's a list of all the files you should be backing up so you can restore them after a Windows reinstall or when moving to a new system.
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/backup-lightroom-files/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines