• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anyone having trouble with LR classic loading?

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the spinning blue circle on startup just as the LIBRARY page is starting to load. Closed everything...rebooted machine...apps are all up to date...still can't get things to move forward. I just recently finished a job on here so not too long ago all was good! Any assistance/advice would be appreciated. I have a lot of settings/presets loaded into mine so I'm not sure what would happen if I uninstalled and reinstalled.

Thanks, Jeff

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ive got a similar problem but if I close lightroom classic and restart it starts up with no problems.  This problem takes place about 70% of the time but can go for weeks with no problem.  Ive reinstalled Lightroom but does not solve the problem.  This problem started when I changed to a new computer and updated Lightroom to the latest version. Since then then there have been several updates which I hoped  would solve the problem but not the case. There is no problem when starting up Photoshop.  Any suggestions.

Steve

Any suggestions. Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to File > Plug-in Manager and see if you have a Logi Options plugin installed (from Logitech).  If so, select that plugin, scroll to the Status panel, and click Disable.  Restart LR.  The Logitech plugin causes very slow startups for many people.

If you don't have the Logitech plugin, you could try temporarily disabling all plugins.  A couple of people have reported other plugins causing startup problems.

Of course, your issue may be unrelated to plugins, but these steps are easy to try.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Many thanks for your help regarding my Lightroom problem. As suggested, I
went into Plug-in Manager and did have Logi Options running. Clicked
disabled and now Lightroom faster than ever. Ive been using Lightroom each
day and checking it and hopefully the issue has not returned. Many thanks
for all the help.
Smudger.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines