• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anyone know keystrokes for applying filters in Grid view?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working through options related to my other post, but it is slow going.  I need to make it easier to apply one of the flag filters to my Grid view and change it fairly frequently.  Going through the drop-down menu steps is slow.  Does anyone know any key strokes that would apply the view quickly?  That is, "G" gets me to the Grid View, then are their keystorkes (combination?) that would apply "unflagged photos only," "refjected photos only," or "flagged only," etc. to the view?

Thanks, Gary 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

As advised, filter presets are great.

You don;t have to return to Library grid view, nor have the Filter bar open, in order to use them thereafter.

So for example, you can be in Develop with the contents of a particular folder or collection showing in the Filmstrip. Then you decide you want to filter that in some frequently used way, that you have previously recorded as a filter preset. Pick this preset off the right hand end of the Filmstrip and the number of images shown reduces accordingly. Inc

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no keystrokes, but you can create filter presets at the right corner of the filter bar. 

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As advised, filter presets are great.

You don;t have to return to Library grid view, nor have the Filter bar open, in order to use them thereafter.

So for example, you can be in Develop with the contents of a particular folder or collection showing in the Filmstrip. Then you decide you want to filter that in some frequently used way, that you have previously recorded as a filter preset. Pick this preset off the right hand end of the Filmstrip and the number of images shown reduces accordingly. Include making a preset which cancels all filters, or use key shortcut Ctrl+L / Cmd+L and you can return to showing the whole Folder / Collection again.

In your recent sources at right end of the Filmstrip, are the last few folders or collections you have visited. You can switch to one of those, right inside Develop (or wherever), and then decide how you want to filter that.

There's a padlock icon on the Filter bar in Library which controls LrC behaviour with filtering.

• When locked, any filters you have got applied to the folder or collection you are viewing, will persist the same when switching to a different folder or collection.
  • When unlocked, that different folder or collection view will appear however it was last seen / as default, if this is the first time you've ever viewed it. So each view is then remembering, and returning to, its own particular filtering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

correction: recent sources at LEFT end of the filmstrip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Richard, thanks.  Been using suggestions and have developed a method that is faster than it was, but still slow.  Creating presets for the view and using the shortcut on the filmstrip helps.  I was hoping that the program had a "keystroke macro writing" option somewhere, like in MS Word.  That way I could create a macro to apply a fitler -- i.e., command+A might apply an "all photos" filter, command+C a "checked photos" filter, commaned+U an "unchecked photos," etc.  That, along with the "G" and "E" keystrokes would facilitate the process.  If you have contact/influence with the developers, you might pass the idea along.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gary: to explain, I am merely a user - as nearly all the people here are. This is a mutual-support area so we can learn as much from the questions, as we do from the answers 😄 .

There is a separate area for formal feature requests, which IS monitored by Adobe employees (AFAIK). This idea of user editable shortcuts has (I believe) been suggested there many times already - but you could add your vote too if you wanted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Click on "Submit Product Feedback" in the main page for this forum, right sidebar, at the bottom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines