Highlighted

Anyone successfully tethering a Canon R5 to LrC even with the updates installed?

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uploaded LrC to 9.4 and Camera Raw to 12.4 and when I try to tether my Canon R5, it never recognizes the camera.  Continuosly tells me 'no camera'.  If I use Canon Connect 3, the camera is recognized (only by the canon program).  Thus, cable and camera is fine, something going on between R5 and LrC.  If anyone has any suggestions or has successfully tethered, please advise.  Thanks

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Anyone successfully tethering a Canon R5 to LrC even with the updates installed?

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uploaded LrC to 9.4 and Camera Raw to 12.4 and when I try to tether my Canon R5, it never recognizes the camera.  Continuosly tells me 'no camera'.  If I use Canon Connect 3, the camera is recognized (only by the canon program).  Thus, cable and camera is fine, something going on between R5 and LrC.  If anyone has any suggestions or has successfully tethered, please advise.  Thanks

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 20, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This camera is not supported for tethering to LightrooM Classic. https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/tethered-camera-support.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Support for the raw files comes first. Support for tethered shooting follows later. Tethered shooting is not something that is automatically guaranteed for every model.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Makes sense.  Thanks everyone for responding and the clarification.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tethered shooting for R5 is  not supported rightnow in 9.4,,, i am also eagerly waiting for the next update from lightroom

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded LRC v10.0 and it still doesn't recognize the Canon r5 as being connected?  WTF

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 1
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow this is seriously tragic, had to buy Capture One since Lightroom can not keep up the game. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I struggle shooting portraits without tethering my Canon R5 to Lightroom Classic while shooting my client's portraits.  Sadly, that is exactly what I am doing with the NEW RELEASED Lightroom Classic 10.0 update.  I like Adobe's products and can only speculate that they locked down the last RC (release candidate) well before Canon launched the R5. I am doing everything I can to AVOID PURCHASING another solution for my portrait work & TETHERING. However, if Adobe thinks that I have too much time invested in LR's workflow...that I won't abandon ship for another solution - they would be wrong.  I almost feel as if Adobe wants us to shop around for other solutions.   

MYSTIFIED & DISAPPOINTED 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2020 0