• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Aperture 3.6 import Error: An internal error has occurred. ?:0 attempt to index a nil value.

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to OS Catalina, I cant use Aperture anymore. I subscribed to LR Classic, and currently within my 14 day trial period. I have 4 days left and frustrated. I've contacted Chat support 4 times and no one is able to solve my problem. If someone here can help me, I hope to continue to use LR, otherwise, will have to cancel my subscription, which I dont want to do because I've heard so many good things about LR Classic!

My Aperture Version is: 3.6. I updated to the Latest LR Classic, ie 9.2.1. Note: I have been using Aperture since 2012. The file with my main photos are labelled: "iPhoto Library.photolibrary". This file is 522 GB. Before trying my main file/library to import, I wanted to try another smaller library first, ie 366 GB. I created a catalog for this smaller library, and this import went smooth (despite the warning below on version) and is working great. Strangely, when performing the 'plug-in extras' option for import, this file did not show up under "import from Aperture library", ie it was there, but not highlighted and was unable to select it. When I used 'Import from iPhoto Library", it worked. This secondary library of mine has 32,000 photos and was smooth.

I was now ready for my main library, ie "iPhoto Library.photolibrary", I created a new catalog and tried the import the same way, and it didnt work. See the screenshots of the message I get. Again, this file did not show up under "import from Aperture library", ie it was there, but not highlighted and was unable to select it. When I used 'Import from iPhoto Library", I could select it.  After this "internal error..." message appears and click 'ok', the next window doesnt change and remains at 0%. I really want this to work, but need the right advice. Would appreciate if someone could help me here. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?