Highlighted

Aperture to LR Classic Import Error: internal error has occurred ?:0:. attempt to index a nil value

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgraded to OS Catalina, and since I cant use Aperture anymore, I subscribed to LR Classic, and currently within my 14 day trial period. I have 4 days left to figure this out.

My Aperture Version is: 3.6. I updated to the Latest LR Classic, ie 9.2.1. Note: I have been using Aperture since 2012. The file with my main photos are labelled: "iPhoto Library.photolibrary". This file is 522 GB. Before trying my main file/library to import, I wanted to try another smaller library first, ie 366 GB. I created a catalog for this smaller library, and this import went smooth (despite the warning below on version) and is working great. Strangely, when performing the 'plug-in extras' option for import, this file did not show up under "import from Aperture library", ie it was there, but not highlighted and was unable to select it. When I used 'Import from iPhoto Library", it worked. This secondary library of mine has 32,000 photos and was smooth.

I was now ready for my main library, ie "iPhoto Library.photolibrary", I created a new catalog and tried the import the same way, and it didnt work. See the screenshots of the message I get. Again, this file did not show up under "import from Aperture library", ie it was there, but not highlighted and was unable to select it. When I used 'Import from iPhoto Library", I could select it.  After this "internal error..." message appears and click 'ok', the next screen doesnt change and remains at 0%. 

TOPICS
Import and export, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Aperture to LR Classic Import Error: internal error has occurred ?:0:. attempt to index a nil value

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgraded to OS Catalina, and since I cant use Aperture anymore, I subscribed to LR Classic, and currently within my 14 day trial period. I have 4 days left to figure this out.

My Aperture Version is: 3.6. I updated to the Latest LR Classic, ie 9.2.1. Note: I have been using Aperture since 2012. The file with my main photos are labelled: "iPhoto Library.photolibrary". This file is 522 GB. Before trying my main file/library to import, I wanted to try another smaller library first, ie 366 GB. I created a catalog for this smaller library, and this import went smooth (despite the warning below on version) and is working great. Strangely, when performing the 'plug-in extras' option for import, this file did not show up under "import from Aperture library", ie it was there, but not highlighted and was unable to select it. When I used 'Import from iPhoto Library", it worked. This secondary library of mine has 32,000 photos and was smooth.

I was now ready for my main library, ie "iPhoto Library.photolibrary", I created a new catalog and tried the import the same way, and it didnt work. See the screenshots of the message I get. Again, this file did not show up under "import from Aperture library", ie it was there, but not highlighted and was unable to select it. When I used 'Import from iPhoto Library", I could select it.  After this "internal error..." message appears and click 'ok', the next screen doesnt change and remains at 0%. 

TOPICS
Import and export, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 26, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please Don't ATTACH images to your posts. The Attach feature is for data files of one type or another.

Use the Insert Photos icon in the tool bar of the create post or Reply windows to include images in line with the text of your post.

2019-12-04 12_19_38-Lightroom 6.14 problem with Print panel, no image. - Adobe Support Community - 1.png

So I suggest you Edit your original post, Include the image you originally Attached and then Delete the attached file.

Also this system is broiken and will not allow any Attached files, images or any other type of file, to be downloaded.

So no one can see whatever you were trying to show.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 26, 2020 0