Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

API rest for publishing service folder structur

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am currently working on my own publishing service in Lightroom to connect to my website. I am using the example code of the Lightroom SDK for Flickr which really explains the plugin options very well!

I am trying to achieve the following.

I want to make a publish service for 3 (in the future more) main components on my website:

- Stock images (used to design my website in the HTML pages)

- Public galleries (So clients can see my portfolio in a public gallery overview

- Customer galleries (Whenever i am done with a photoshoot i want to upload the photos to a customer gallery for proofing).

So this all could work fine as it is well documented in the Flickr example pluging, i got a couple of thins working.

I am struggling over a group hiearchie and i'm not quite sure how to solve it.

1. My website automatically generates an empty client gallery for proofing, So when i publish i want lightroom to know which customer galleries are available, so i can select one to publish my images.

2. My public galleries for my portfolio will be created from lightroom. So before i upload images i want to make a rest call to create the album with several parameters.

How can i make the plugin aware of these galleries? It seems like the flickr plugin has only one location to publish the images. I would like to use the galleries for my portfolio and customer panel.

Any suggestions how i visualise the 'album structure' provided over restfull API in lightroom?

Thank you!

TOPICS
SDK , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm the only plugin developer who still actively contributes here, since Adobe inexplicably merged the SDK forum with the main LR Classic forum.  Unfortunately, I know little about publishing services.  Perhaps someone who has more experience will see this and give you some good advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stefan! 

I realize it's been a while since you posted, but I'm working on something similar and I was curious if you made progress. I also wanted to mention the beta "proofing" service in lightroom web ... not sure if you've used this for customer proofing. It's a bit janky but sort of works. I do wish Adobe would fully build this functionality out, but in the meantime (have been wating YEARS) I'm just going to roll my own. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately i haven't made any progress.

Eventhough my website has an API interface to add images, but i can't find a way to make a publisher that will send the image to my API interface.

I'm completely stuck and the example code seems to be a bit outdated. Do you have made any progress you can share?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines