I am currently working on my own publishing service in Lightroom to connect to my website. I am using the example code of the Lightroom SDK for Flickr which really explains the plugin options very well!
I am trying to achieve the following.
I want to make a publish service for 3 (in the future more) main components on my website:
- Stock images (used to design my website in the HTML pages)
- Public galleries (So clients can see my portfolio in a public gallery overview
- Customer galleries (Whenever i am done with a photoshoot i want to upload the photos to a customer gallery for proofing).
So this all could work fine as it is well documented in the Flickr example pluging, i got a couple of thins working.
I am struggling over a group hiearchie and i'm not quite sure how to solve it.
1. My website automatically generates an empty client gallery for proofing, So when i publish i want lightroom to know which customer galleries are available, so i can select one to publish my images.
2. My public galleries for my portfolio will be created from lightroom. So before i upload images i want to make a rest call to create the album with several parameters.
How can i make the plugin aware of these galleries? It seems like the flickr plugin has only one location to publish the images. I would like to use the galleries for my portfolio and customer panel.
Any suggestions how i visualise the 'album structure' provided over restfull API in lightroom?
I'm the only plugin developer who still actively contributes here, since Adobe inexplicably merged the SDK forum with the main LR Classic forum. Unfortunately, I know little about publishing services. Perhaps someone who has more experience will see this and give you some good advice.