• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Apply profile (Lut) in plugin

Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2018 Dec 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I list all available profiles and profil folders? And then how to apply a profile to a photo. I can’t find the API in SDK 8

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2018 Dec 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe there is any SDK function to enumerate installed profiles You'd have to read the .xmp files in the appropriate Camera Raw folders.

There are two ways to apply a profile:

1. Create a plugin-specific develop preset using LrApplication.addDevelopPresetForPlugin(), with settings that contain the profile. To see figure out the proper settings, assign a profile to a photo and then look at the results of photo:getDevelopSettings() (it's not documented).   Apply the preset using photo:applyDevelopPresetFromPlugin().

2. Once you've figured out the proper setting for applying a profile, just call the undocumented photo:applyDevelopSettings (settings).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2018 Dec 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for quick answer. Will test your approach. But Adobe should really implement an official way here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

But Adobe should really implement an official way here...

Adobe has put little effort into the SDK in the past many years. Product developers don't participate in this forum and won't see your feedback. However, they read everything posted in the official Adobe feedback forum: Lightroom Classic CC | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

johnrellis Maybe it is useful for others as well - I wrote a small plugin to store applied developed setting in Metadata Fields called LRDevMeta. Description here (German only but you should get the trick): Dev Metadata Plugin für LR - RAW Converter - Systemkamera Forum

Link to Github: Lumix_Metadata/lr_devmeta at master · Lufthummel/Lumix_Metadata · GitHub

Applied Profile/Lut can be found in setting "CameraProfile: Adobe Standard" (in my Plugin look into uncategorized)

Now I'll try to figure out how to manipulate the setting. Any example code available?

By the way, I'm not a very good Lua programmer - but code works somehow 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines