Highlighted

Argh - popup window when using keyboard-x to reject photos

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screenshot_33.pngI forget which version I started noticing this behavior but it is driving me crazy.  When I use the keyboard-x to reject photos if I press x for another photo to close in time to the previous x I get a popup window if I want to delete the photo from disk or just remove from Lightroom.  I just want to set the reject flag!  How can I stop this popup box?

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Argh - popup window when using keyboard-x to reject photos

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screenshot_33.pngI forget which version I started noticing this behavior but it is driving me crazy.  When I use the keyboard-x to reject photos if I press x for another photo to close in time to the previous x I get a popup window if I want to delete the photo from disk or just remove from Lightroom.  I just want to set the reject flag!  How can I stop this popup box?

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 26, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please Edit your post and remove the screen shot you attached. the forum is broken and no one can download attachments.

Use the Proper method for including a screen shot by using the Insert Photos icon in the tool bar to place the image or images you want to show in line with the text of you post.

2019-12-04 12_19_38-Lightroom 6.14 problem with Print panel, no image. - Adobe Support Community - 1.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 26, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser to see the images.]

I can't reproduce that behavior and I don't recall seeing other reports about this problem. Initial troubleshooting steps:

1. Attachments are currently broken in this forum and we can't see "screenshot_33.png".  Can you please reply and insert the screenshot inline into the post using the picture icon:

Untitled.png

2. Please copy here the first ten lines from the menu command Help > System Info, so we know precisely which version and platform you're on.

3. Is the menu item Photo > Auto Advance checked or unchecked?

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 26, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic version: 9.2.1 [ 202004070813-7699d98a ]
License: Creative Cloud
Language setting: en-US
Operating system: Mac OS 10
Version: 10.14.5 [18F132]
Application architecture: x64
Logical processor count: 12
Processor speed: 3.2 GHz
SqLite Version: 3.30.1
Built-in memory: 32,768.0 MB

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 01, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3. Is the menu item Photo > Auto Advance checked or unchecked?

Unchecked. 

When I am viewing an newly imported set I have the flag filter to show only "unflagged photos".  When I hit "x" to reject the photo I am viewing the view goes to the next photo.  If I hit "x" again too soon the popup window appears.  If I wait long enough I can reject the next photo with "x".

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 01, 2020 0
May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's strange. I'm not able to reprodcue that behavior. I suggest you make a full-resolution screen recording of your entire LR window showing the bad behavior and submit a bug report to the official Adobe feedback forum:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom

Be sure to include the first ten lines of the menu command Help > System Info.  Provide all the details, rather than linking back to this thread -- experience shows that Adobe developers tend not to follow the links.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 02, 2020 0
May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, upload the screen recording to Youtube or Dropbox and including the sharing link in your bug report.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 02, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't duplicate this behavior either.  I can set the filter to Unflagged and hold the X key down or tap it quickly and is works correctly.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 02, 2020 0