artefacts after raw file is opened and still present after export

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since a few weeks I see this artefacts in Lightroom Classic and in Photoshop (both as CC abo) with all my old and new raw files from different cameras (software and drivers should be up-to-date):

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AowGXMfcxP5AznBoxW0Ml3msR24z?e=56Q8zy

This artefacts are still there after export from LR as jpg but I don´t see artefacts with other software that can read and work with my raw files. The sample jpg file ist the result of such an export and shows the same as I see it after opening the raw file with Lightroom (or Photoshop).

You find further infos of my installation, my system and a test report of my graphic board in the link above. I tried so much (i.e. reinstalling drivers and software, testing my graphic system, reinstalling windows...) but I could not find a reason for this strange behaviour.

Is there any person that can help me?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

artefacts after raw file is opened and still present after export

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since a few weeks I see this artefacts in Lightroom Classic and in Photoshop (both as CC abo) with all my old and new raw files from different cameras (software and drivers should be up-to-date):

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AowGXMfcxP5AznBoxW0Ml3msR24z?e=56Q8zy

This artefacts are still there after export from LR as jpg but I don´t see artefacts with other software that can read and work with my raw files. The sample jpg file ist the result of such an export and shows the same as I see it after opening the raw file with Lightroom (or Photoshop).

You find further infos of my installation, my system and a test report of my graphic board in the link above. I tried so much (i.e. reinstalling drivers and software, testing my graphic system, reinstalling windows...) but I could not find a reason for this strange behaviour.

Is there any person that can help me?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 28, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I certainly will not click on your link to an unknown web site. To include photos in your message, use the "Insert Photos" button here in the Adobe Support Community, and then we can see what you are talking about.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 28, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link with all informations ist my Microsoft Onedrive, so no risk klicking the link. This is the jpg exported from the raw format. Raw files cannot be uploaded (or I don´t know how to do it).

DSCF1518_artefact.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 28, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloaded your raw file and imported into Classic. I do not get the artefacts visible in your jpeg file on my MacBookPro. The image looks just fine. Something about your system is causing this and I would indeed suspect the graphics card or your system memory. Have you tried turning off the graphics acceleration in Preferences->Performance? Your post didn't explicitly mention it. It is interesting that camera raw in Photoshop does the same thing for you which would point to something related to graphics card drivers.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 28, 2020 1
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Building on Jao's reply, after disabling the GPU but before doing any further editing, do Preferences > Performance > Camera Raw Cache Settings > Purge Cache, just in case some of the previous corruption has made it into the cache.

And definitely run a memory diagnostic.  LR uses much more memory than most other apps, and memory failures can affect LR but not other apps you run.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 28, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After disabling GPU and purging cache the artefacts changed but they are still there, the same after reactivating GPU.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 28, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have run a memory test (RAM) over night and could not find a fault. This seems to be consitent with the fact, that my Windows system runs stable.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 29, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the raw file and saved it as a JPEG on my Windows 10 computer. It did not display the artifacts that are displayed in your JPEG. There is definitely something wrong with your system.

DSCF1518.JPG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 28, 2020 2