Highlighted

.ARW Not supported

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got a sony alpha 7 R IV, have latest version of LR classic. LR gives error message of not supporting ARW files when I try to load pics  directly from my SD card but I can import photos when I connect my camera directly to my mac. Any suggestions why this is happening?

Thanks

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

.ARW Not supported

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got a sony alpha 7 R IV, have latest version of LR classic. LR gives error message of not supporting ARW files when I try to load pics  directly from my SD card but I can import photos when I connect my camera directly to my mac. Any suggestions why this is happening?

Thanks

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 11, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please quote the EXACT complete unedited word-for-word error message.

Please state the exact version number of your operating system.

Please state the exact version NUMBER of your Lightroom Classic. (Words like "latest" are not sufficient).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac os Catalina v 10.15.2

LR Classic 9.4

"Some import operations were not performed"

"The files appear to be unsupported or damaged"

Then there are a list of the .ARW files underneath

Tried different cards and got same message and again, can transfer the files directly from the card if it's in the camera.

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have latest version of LR classic.

That is often a meaningless phrase.  Many users think they have the "latest" via false information, such as they are not being to,d an upgrade exists, or clicking to check for an upgrade yields a false result (typically the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App version on hand is out if date.and buggy)

So, what exact version? Actual "latest" is v9.4 for LrC, 3.2 for LR

The following attachment indicates your camera should be supported

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have version 9.4 of LR classic

Supported cameras show A7 III but not IV. Not sure if that makes a difference and again LR will import from the SD card if it's in the camera just not from my Mac SD card slot

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote "LR will import from the SD card if it's in the camera just not from my Mac SD card slot".

This appears to suggest that the SD card slot on your Mac is malfunctioning, I have experienced this on one of my Mac Book Pro a couple of years ago, have you tried a card reader connected via USB?

Regards, Denis: System iMac mid-2015, 5K 27” monitor, macOS10.15.7: LrC 10, Lr 4, Ps 22.0,; Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2020 0