• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

“As Shot” WB different values on different Machines

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently shot a wedding and did a "highlights" edit during the reception to play as a slideshow for the bride & groom & family who was still left at the very end. Edited on my Mid 2012 MBP running OSX 14.6 (Mohave). 

Afterwards, I've returned to my office to edit the full wedding, and I start by exporting the folder from the Library as it's own Catalog over to my Mac Pro (Mid 2010) also running Mojave 14.6.

Getting "About Lightroom Classic" info yields the same build on both machines:

[202001311240-2d026470]

My Mac Pro had auto-updated to the latest LR Classic (v10) and upon opening the catalog (after upgrade to v10 catalog process) I noticed my images were very magenta. At first I began correcting this. Then Inrealized something was off when I came to an image with bright blue sky and vibrant green trees: I would never have edited this so magenta.

My initial reaction was to kill LRClassic v10, so I reverted to v9.2 on my MacPro as I was running just a few days ago.

upon opening the original (exported) catalog on my MacPro (now LRClas v9.2, so no catalog upgrade needed) Insought out the image in question and immediately noticed that the White-Balance values for "As Shot" are completely different on my Mac Pro than they were on my MacBookPro.

MacBookPro values ("original")

Temp 6250

Tint +65

MacPro values (exported LRCat)

Temp 6000

Tint +23

96AEE64B-F615-4652-BE31-E23A8404C1D3.jpeg

Thoughts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the process version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What camera?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Process version is the same. Camera: Nikon D5. I shoot on Kelvin, not Auto. (besides, it's the same frame I'm looking at on two different machines). Both have color corrected/calibrated monitors. (MacBookPro = native; macPro=Eizo ColorSpace). Old hardware, but consistant. And, this is the first time i've ever seen this. 

FWIW, I moved the catalog back from my MacPro to my MBP, and when opening saw the WB numbers jump from the MPro values to the MBP values. Something is going on.... I wonder if there is something "core" in the system affecting it... Apple's RAW Camera support?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Go and post this over at the official Adobe Feedback site where actual Adobe techs reside:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/topics/lightroom-classic/5f5f2093785c1f1e6cc40872?cType=PROBLEM&page=...

They need to be complained to.

And please include a link to your new post in this thread so others can follow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines