Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

authenication of lightroom classic

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2020 Feb 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am new to Lightroom Classic (subscription). Does Adobe check periodically to assure your licence is current? If so I presume that they use an internet connection. What if I am traveling and do not have internet access.

Bill

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 22, 2020 Feb 22, 2020

I've copy/pasted the answer from the Creative Cloud apps FAQ

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/faq.html#deskApps

Basics

No, the desktop applications in Creative Cloud, such as Photoshop and Illustrator, are installed directly on your computer. So, you don’t need an ongoing Internet connection to use them.

An Internet connection is required the first time you

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

One issue to be aware of should you perhaps being on a trip without internet access.

The Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App. Do not sign out, if you sign out of it, then the programs get deactived. To re-activate them you will need to sign back in, no internet, no sign in.

Now, if you leave the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App, in a signed in state, even though you are without internet, the programs will work, just do not sign out.

You can experiment at home, disconnect from the internet,  sign ou

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

I mean signing out from Adobe. In the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App, you sign in. 

Do not sign out

Screen Shot 2020-03-02 at 12.59.28 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

My thoughts- (I might be wrong!)

On the day before travel, I would do-  Sign Out, Sign In (in the CC Desktop App).

This I believe will 'refresh' your validation date to a full 30 (or 99 if paid annually) days.

Otherwise, if the last validation was 29days ago, you have one day before you are changed to un-licenced mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2020 Feb 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've copy/pasted the answer from the Creative Cloud apps FAQ

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/faq.html#deskApps

Basics

No, the desktop applications in Creative Cloud, such as Photoshop and Illustrator, are installed directly on your computer. So, you don’t need an ongoing Internet connection to use them.

An Internet connection is required the first time you install and license your apps. But, you can use the apps in offline mode with a valid software license. The desktop apps attempt to validate your software licenses every 30 days.

Annual members can use the apps for up to 99 days in offline mode. Month-to-month members can use the software for up to 30 days in offline mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,

What if I am going to be away without internet when Adobe tries to validate?

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR will work in unlicensed mode. In this mode, Develop and Maps modules won't work. All other modules (including Library) will still work as usual. The Quick Develop in the Library module will allow you do some - limited - develop settings.

Develop and Maps modules will work again as soon as LR will be able to validate the license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if I am going to be away without internet when Adobe tries to validate?

Simply allow Adobe to validate your subscription before you leave; or allow Adobe to validate your subcription when you do have internet access on your trip. This covers you unless you really are going to be on a trip for more than 30 days and never have Internet access during that time (and you pay monthly). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One issue to be aware of should you perhaps being on a trip without internet access.

The Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App. Do not sign out, if you sign out of it, then the programs get deactived. To re-activate them you will need to sign back in, no internet, no sign in.

Now, if you leave the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App, in a signed in state, even though you are without internet, the programs will work, just do not sign out.

You can experiment at home, disconnect from the internet,  sign out, try Lightroom Classic, Opps. Try to sign back in. Opps. Reconnect to internet, Horray.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,

When you say sign out are you referring to exiting. or do I need to leave my laptop and Lightroom running?

Bill 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean signing out from Adobe. In the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App, you sign in. 

Do not sign out

Screen Shot 2020-03-02 at 12.59.28 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My thoughts- (I might be wrong!)

On the day before travel, I would do-  Sign Out, Sign In (in the CC Desktop App).

This I believe will 'refresh' your validation date to a full 30 (or 99 if paid annually) days.

Otherwise, if the last validation was 29days ago, you have one day before you are changed to un-licenced mode.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines