• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto import's "Add to Collection

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I want to have my photos that I auto import, be added to a collection. It looks like it works at first, but for some reason the checkbox doesn't persist. After I select my collection and hit "OK", nothing happens. And when I return to the Auto Import settings the Add to Collection box is unchecked again!

Is there a workaround besides manually adding my imported photos to the collection?

MacOS v 11.0.1

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Yes I think you're right! At first it wasn't working but I did find a related post afterwards where someone just reinstalled LR Classic and it worked. 

So I reinstalled it and it's working as intended, although if I go to the auto import settings the checkbox isn't checked. So it might just be a UI bug

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

--
Bg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is a repetitious PITA for you it may be something worth reporting to the other Lightroom forum, however can you also clarify if your are using LR Classic or LR Web?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bug-report forum is currently down, but I recalled there is a long-standing bug where the checkbox doesn't stay checked when you do File > Auto Import > Auto Import Settings.  So whenever you change the settings, you'll have to remember to recheck the box.  (If you open the settings and then click Cancel, the settings don't change.)  

I've just re-verified this and that Auto Import will indeed add the newly imported photos to the specified collection.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes I think you're right! At first it wasn't working but I did find a related post afterwards where someone just reinstalled LR Classic and it worked. 

So I reinstalled it and it's working as intended, although if I go to the auto import settings the checkbox isn't checked. So it might just be a UI bug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines