Highlighted

Auto syncing iPhone photos to Lightroom Classic CC

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read through the various threads and, so far have not been successful in getting photos from my current iPhone to auto sync to Lightroom Classic CC on my desktop. I do have folders there from previous iPhones --but not this new phone --but have not paid consistent attention to it and now I want to straighten it all out.

Here is what I have:

--I import photos from my camera into Lightroom Classic CC, Creative Cloud member. This where I do all of my processing for print, etc.  I am on a supercharged Mac Pro running Catalina.

--I have Lightroom Mobile on both my iPhone II Pro and iPad Pro with the most recent software (all these things are set to auto update the various OS's)

--I successfully sync my Collections from Lightroom Classic on the Desktop to Lightroom Mobile on my devices so that I can access my camera photography work when traveling, show it in a portable way, etc.

But everything I take on the iPhone, and this is increasingly important, does not appear in this workflow.

I have looked at the sync settings I can find on the iPhone, Lightroom Mobile, and Lightroom Classic CC and cannot for the life of me see where to get this to happen, ie that everything I take on the iPhone gets imported into Lightroom Classic CC, ie synced with it.  Can anyone tell me where I should be looking given the above?

I primarily use the Apple Native Camera. All of Lightroom Mobile is set to backup on Adobe Cloud. I see that all my iPhone photos are going there under the Cloud Storage in Settings on Lightroom Mobile.

I also have toggled on to save the photos on my iPhone Camera Roll to Apple's iCloud.

Any help appreciated. 

Topics

Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Auto syncing iPhone photos to Lightroom Classic CC

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read through the various threads and, so far have not been successful in getting photos from my current iPhone to auto sync to Lightroom Classic CC on my desktop. I do have folders there from previous iPhones --but not this new phone --but have not paid consistent attention to it and now I want to straighten it all out.

Here is what I have:

--I import photos from my camera into Lightroom Classic CC, Creative Cloud member. This where I do all of my processing for print, etc.  I am on a supercharged Mac Pro running Catalina.

--I have Lightroom Mobile on both my iPhone II Pro and iPad Pro with the most recent software (all these things are set to auto update the various OS's)

--I successfully sync my Collections from Lightroom Classic on the Desktop to Lightroom Mobile on my devices so that I can access my camera photography work when traveling, show it in a portable way, etc.

But everything I take on the iPhone, and this is increasingly important, does not appear in this workflow.

I have looked at the sync settings I can find on the iPhone, Lightroom Mobile, and Lightroom Classic CC and cannot for the life of me see where to get this to happen, ie that everything I take on the iPhone gets imported into Lightroom Classic CC, ie synced with it.  Can anyone tell me where I should be looking given the above?

I primarily use the Apple Native Camera. All of Lightroom Mobile is set to backup on Adobe Cloud. I see that all my iPhone photos are going there under the Cloud Storage in Settings on Lightroom Mobile.

I also have toggled on to save the photos on my iPhone Camera Roll to Apple's iCloud.

Any help appreciated. 

Topics

Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if this is the "right" way to do it. But when I know that I want images from my iPhone to go to Lightroom Classic I always use the camera in Lightroom on my iPhone. At least for me, the images I have taken that way have always been automatically synchronized/downloaded to my computer and waiting for me in Lightroom Classic when I get home. If I use the regular camera phone I have found that I have to load from the camera roll, So I don't use that camera when I know I want images to go to Lightroom Classic automatically.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As explained by Jim-  The iPhone camera and the Lightroom camera are two different systems, and only the Lightroom camera automatically syncs to Lr-Classic catalog.

Here is the Adobe help for 'importing' or transferring iPhone Camera Roll photos to the Lightroom eco system.

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/lightroom-cc/using/import-mobile-ios.html

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 9.4, Lightroom 3.4, Photoshop 2020 (21.2.1), Nikon DSLR, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I may not be understanding your issue. As far as I know when you take a picture with your iPhone or iPad the picture is saved to Apple's Photos App. Photos does not sync to your Adobe Creative Cloud storage. You have to first to import the images into Lightroom, or I believe there is an option to turn on to make this process happen automatically. I recall this because when I import image files from my camera's SD card they go to Photos and then I have selected them to be automatically imported. It took me a while to find the option. If you post in the Lightroom forum which is also for Lightroom Mobile you will get sorted. Ok found it the option in the Lightroom Mobile Settings it the first option.

Regards, Denis: System iMac mid-2015, 5K 27” monitor, macOS10.15.6: LrC 9.4, Lr 3.4.1, Ps 21.2.3, Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you take a picture using the camera that is built into the Lightroom application installed on the phone (NOT the camera that is part of the phone system), then the image will be part of the Lightroom cloud system and will synchronize with Lightroom Classic. If you take the photo with the camera that is part of the phone system then it is necessary to go into the Lightroom program and import the image from the camera roll.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe this is possible, the option to auto import from settings in Lightroom Mobile is available, see the screen capture.

F6D17F0F-7EAB-4513-9431-DD446A38EA97.jpeg

Regards, Denis: System iMac mid-2015, 5K 27” monitor, macOS10.15.6: LrC 9.4, Lr 3.4.1, Ps 21.2.3, Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines