• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Map > Tracklog > Auto-Tag Photos incorrectly greyed out

LEGEND ,
Oct 09, 2023 Oct 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The menu item  Map > Tracklog > Auto-Tag Photos is always greyed out, even though the toolbar's Lightning Bolt > Auto-Tag n Selected Photos is not.  This bug has been present since at least LR 9.1.

To reproduce:

1. In the Map module, load this tracklog:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/c4mtos3k945v3z8kcamgi/Big-Lake-2023-Tracks.GPX?rlkey=18dxvhr56v0i45ib...

2. Select one or more photos in the filmstrip.

3. Observe that Map > Tracklog > Auto-Tag Photos is greyed out.

4. Observe that the toolbar's Lightning Bolt > Auto-Tag n Selected Photos is not greyed out.

Tested on LR 12.5 Mac OS 13.5.1 and Windows 11; LR 9.1 Mac OS 13.5.1.

johnrellis_0-1696873914585.png

johnrellis_1-1696873968142.png

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Oct 09, 2023 Oct 09, 2023

Updating status

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Oct 08, 2023 Oct 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

auto-tag images in the Map module does not work after uploading the GPX.  The selection is greyed out, unable to use.

Window 10.  Lightroom has last update 12.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 08, 2023 Oct 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Johnrellis,

#3 with the lightning bolt worked!!!

Thanks for the help!

Ralph Hatt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you John,

It worked using the #3 with the lightning bolt!

Thanks for the help!

Ralph Hatt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a few problems trying to auto-tag some photos I took in France when my GPS (phone) was on local French time but the camera was set to my home time (we are seven hours ahead of France).

Anyway whilst trying to get this sorted the auto tag menu item has now greyed out and I cannot find a way to reverse this.

Anyone have any suggestions? The fixes for early versions of Lightroom don't seem to apply in Classic CC 8.0 (different menus etc).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Discussion successfully moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to Lightroom Classic CC — The desktop-focused app

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Troubleshooting steps:

1. Double-check you have at least one photo selected in the filmstrip.

2. Double-check you have a tracklog loaded via the menu command Map > Tracklog > Load Tracklog.

3. If you've tried the menu command Map > Tracklog > Auto-Tag Photos, try the "lightning bolt" button on the bottom Map toolbar, and vice versa:

4. Reset LR's preferences, which in the past has sometimes fixed this issue: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

Unfortunately, this is an intermittent, long-standing bug that Adobe has never fixed.  See this bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum: Lightroom: Map module Auto-Tag greyed out | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your suggestions. Have tried a few different track log/photo combinations of which none work, so #1 and #2 are not the solution

#3 however has done the trick as is now working as I have managed to find the setting which I must have at some point clicked on to turn off showing the toolbar. Ugh!

Thanks for your help. It has been much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 02, 2018 Dec 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you got it working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. For a few moths I work with a Dutch version of Ligthroom 6.8. Last week I made new photos and recorded a tracklog on my Garmin gps. Now I want to tag my photos with the geo position, so I loaded the tracklog and see that on the map. Then I select all photos in the filmstrip at the bottom and want Lightroom to tag this photos with the information in the tracklog. Unfortunately this line (maps > tracklog > photos autom. taggen ) remains grey (not available). What is it I do wrong?

Thanks for hulp in advance.

Jos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this helpful link from Michael at Tip Squirrel. There is also a video walkthrough.

http://www.tipsquirrel.com/map-your-images-with-a-tracklog-in-lightroom/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This learned me a few things more. Though the "tracklog" button at the bottom of the screen, the photos wil be placed. 🙂

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour

En bref: (suis nouvel utilisateur de LR5)

- j'ai chargé mes photos a géolocaliser et les ai toutes selectionnées

- j'ai "chargé le relevé d'itinéraire" et l'itinéraire apparait parfaitement sur l'écran

- j'ai appliqué le décalage horaire (-7)

mais dans le menu, le "balisage automatique des photos" n'est pas accessible (grisé).

Nb1: hier, j'avais testé cette procédure et je n'ai pas eu de problème, cela avait fonctionné parfaitement.

Nb2: si je selectionne un groupe de photos et que fais right-clic sur la carte : cela marche.

Ma question : qu'est ce qui fait que ce menu "balisage automatique ..." n'est pas accessible?

Merci par avance pour votre aide.

Bien a vous

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In short: (am new user of LR5)

-I loaded my a geotag photos and have them all selected

-I "loaded route reading" and the route appears perfectly on the screen

-I applied the lag (-7)

but on the menu, "automatic tagging of photos" is not accessible (grayed out).

Nb1: yesterday, I tested this procedure and I have not had a problem, it's been working perfectly.

Nb2: if I select a group of photos and do right-click on the map: it works.

My question: what makes that this menu "markup automatic..." is not accessible?

You may have tripped over a bug that hit some users of LR 5 but that is likely fixed in LR 6 / CC 2015: Lightroom 5 Maps Module will not Auto-Tag Photos | Photoshop Family Customer Community

A couple of things to try:

- Click the menu that looks like a lightning bolt at the bottom of the map module:

A number of people have reported that works even when Map > Tracklog > Auto-Tag Photos is incorrectly greyed out.

- Reset LR's preferences: http://www.lightroomforums.net/showthread.php?25197-Resetting-the-lightroom-preferences-file-updated . Several people have reported that fixes the problem also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

Sorry being so long to respond.

As per what i read on various forums, I managed a file renaming process and reorganision of all my files within Windows file explorer, reducing the length of the names and suppressing all spaces and accents within the names.

Before to read your message, i did try again to "auto tag" and the access to this menu was back !!!

I hesitate between being very lucky or the result of file renamings or ... I dont know.

Nevertheless i went to all the links you gived and they are very interesting to read especially the link to "the lightroom queen".

Best regards and thank you again for your prompt reaction and alll the infos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use GEOTAG PHOTOS PRO to record my locations as I take photos. After returning home. I download the tracklog and within GPP I connect the GPS coordinates to the photos. When I  open LrC, the GPS data are not visible. But if I open the image in Ps and then save it, the GPS data are visible in the Metadata panel in LR. That’s Problem 1 – why are they not initially visible in LrC?

To address that problem, I’ve been following up by using the Map panel in LrC. I select the images, open the Map panel, select the Map command in the upper left, select/open the tracklog, and then auto-tag the photos. The GPS data are then visible in the Metadata panel. That has worked fine the past few days, but when I tried it today the “auto-tag” command was greyed out, so I couldn’t do it. There’s no problem with the time match. That’s Problem 2. I’d be grateful for insights or solutions for either problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic (LrC) reports it. In LrC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Paste that information into a reply. Please present all information from first line down to and including Plug-in Info. Info after Plug-in info can be cut as that is just so much dead space to us non-Techs.

Please_Post_Your_Sys_Info_as_LrC_reports_it.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Lightroom Classic version: 10.0 [ 202010011851-ef6045e0 ]
License: Creative Cloud
Language setting: en
Operating system: Windows 10 - Business Edition
Version: 10.0.19041
Application architecture: x64
System architecture: x64
Logical processor count: 12
Processor speed: 3.6 GHz
SqLite Version: 3.30.1
Built-in memory: 32578.6 MB
Real memory available to Lightroom: 32578.6 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 965.9 MB (2.9%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 917.4 MB
GDI objects count: 650
USER objects count: 2239
Process handles count: 2401
Memory cache size: 5.8MB
Internal Camera Raw version: 13.0 [ 610 ]
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 5
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2
Camera Raw virtual memory: 4MB / 16289MB (0%)
Camera Raw real memory: 7MB / 32578MB (0%)
System DPI setting: 144 DPI (high DPI mode)
Desktop composition enabled: Yes
Displays: 1) 3840x2160
Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: No, External touch: No, External pen: No, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info:
DirectX: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 (27.21.14.5167)

Application folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom Classic
Library Path: D:\Data\Pictures\LR Catalog\LR Catalog-2-v10.lrcat
Settings Folder: C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom

Installed Plugins:
1) AdobeStock
2) ColorChecker CameraCalibration
3) Facebook
4) Flickr
5) Nikon Tether Plugin
6) Syncomatic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To address that problem, I’ve been following up by using the Map panel in LrC. I select the images, open the Map panel, select the Map command in the upper left, select/open the tracklog, and then auto-tag the photos

Ok, not famililar with   GEOTAG PHOTOS PRO t but going to their website, that is exactly how it works

Geotagging with Lightroom
To import photos into Lightroom’s Map module: click On Map > Load tracklog, and import the GPX file of your trip. Then, select all the photos you want to geotag and click on Map > Tracklog > Autotag selected photos.

see: 

https://www.geotagphotos.net/user-guide#toc-geotagging-with-lightroom-or-other-3rd-party-application...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. That's exactly what I've been doing. It worked fine several times and failed to work yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines