• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Map > Tracklog > Auto-Tag Photos incorrectly greyed out

LEGEND ,
Oct 09, 2023 Oct 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The menu item  Map > Tracklog > Auto-Tag Photos is always greyed out, even though the toolbar's Lightning Bolt > Auto-Tag n Selected Photos is not.  This bug has been present since at least LR 9.1.

To reproduce:

1. In the Map module, load this tracklog:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/c4mtos3k945v3z8kcamgi/Big-Lake-2023-Tracks.GPX?rlkey=18dxvhr56v0i45ib...

2. Select one or more photos in the filmstrip.

3. Observe that Map > Tracklog > Auto-Tag Photos is greyed out.

4. Observe that the toolbar's Lightning Bolt > Auto-Tag n Selected Photos is not greyed out.

Tested on LR 12.5 Mac OS 13.5.1 and Windows 11; LR 9.1 Mac OS 13.5.1.

johnrellis_0-1696873914585.png

johnrellis_1-1696873968142.png

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Oct 09, 2023 Oct 09, 2023

Updating status

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but when I tried it today the “auto-tag” command was greyed out,

Time synced between PC and phone?

Before you begin
When working with multiple devices in this fashion, the most important factor is to ensure that the time and date in your phone matches that in the camera (they are synchronized). The "Setup camera time" section in Settings on the Geotag Photos Pro mobile app assists you in this; and, it doesn't even matter if the camera has a different time format, as long as they are synced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem. Within GEOTAG PHOTOS there's a "correct time" function. When I select it, it shows that the times of the photos are within the times of the tracklog, so no correction is needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After returning home. I download the tracklog and within GPP I connect the GPS coordinates to the photos. When I  open LrC, the GPS data are not visible

Any mention of Metadata mismatch  in LrC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. Just a greyed out "auto-tag" command line. Also, this exact procedure worked several times over the past two weeks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And it is implied that you transferred the GPS data to the photos before importing into LrC. Is that correct?

Before you begin
When working with multiple devices in this fashion, the most important factor is to ensure that the time and date in your phone matches that in the camera (they are synchronized). The "Setup camera time" section in Settings on the Geotag Photos Pro mobile app assists you in this; and, it doesn't even matter if the camera has a different time format, as long as they are synced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this point, the easiest way to resolve what's going wrong is to upload a sample .gpx log and a sample photo to Dropbox or similar and post the sharing link here.

When LR isn't auto-tagging photos, it's nearly impossible to troubleshoot without sample files.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for everyone's help. I decided to repeat the entire process - from downloading the gps file onward. I did everything exactly the same and this time it worked. Gremlins? A Thanksgiving present? I don't know, but I'm not complaining.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you got it resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to geotag photos in Lightroom Classic. I loaded a tracklog, made sure several photos were selected, and checked the time zone option to make sure the photos were taken in the time captured by the tracklog. The option to autotag the photos was greayed out and nothing happened when I clicked on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screen shot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The option to autotag the photos was greyed out

Do you mean the menu command Menu > Tracklog > Auto-Tag Photos?  If so, try clicking on the menu button in the toolbar at the bottom (do View > Toolbar if necessary):

There's been a long-standing bug with this that Adobe has decided not to fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked. I have been geotagging almost all of my photos for quite a while and this is the first time I had to do it like that. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating status

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2023 Nov 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vielleicht hat jemand einen Tipp für mein aktuelles Problem. Ich möchte die GPS-Koordinaten aus einem Tracklog automatisch in meine Bilder eintragen. Durch eine passende Zeitverschiebung habe ich es auch geschafft, dass alle ausgewählten Bilder sich in dem Zeitfenster befinden, das durch den GPX-Log abgedeckt ist. Allerdings ist leider die Funktion "Fotos automatisch taggen" ausgegraut.

Ich stehe auf dem Schlauch, woran das liegen kann, denn immerhin habe ich diese Funktion erst gestern erfolgreich genutzt. Hat jemand eine Idee, woran es liegen könnte, dass sie nun nicht verfügbar ist?

(Lightroom Classic Version 13.0.1)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my experience this happens when there are no images in your selection that are in the time period of the tracklog. Usually this is because the time offset is wrong. There are lots of subtle bugs with time recording in DSLR cameras and their timezone setting, so check whether the time tag metadata on the images actually appear to be within the tracklog's time period.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jao vdL: Thanks a lot for your hint, but to me it really looks like the time stamps of all selected pictures are within the time range that is covered by the tracklog (see screenshot).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed. That should work. Does the same thing happen if you try to connect the images to the tracklog from the popup below the map? The little squiggly line should have a popup menu that has the same options as the menu in the menubar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

It's a long-standing bug: Map > Tracklog > Auto-Tag Photos has been permanently greyed out since at least 2017.

The workaround is to click on the "lightning bolt" button in the toolbar at the bottom (do View > Toolbar if necessary):

johnrellis_0-1700463085623.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2023 Nov 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to all of you. The workaround (explained by Jao vdL and Johnrellis) did what it should do: It worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2023 Nov 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't even realize this was still a bug as I always click the squiggly line. Thanks for info @johnrellis 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2024 Jan 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is anyone on this thread still seeing this issue with 13.1?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines