• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

automatic import

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working with Lightroom (now Lightroom Classic) and Sony (now A7R III) for years. I want to shoot tethered. But there are problems and that is during the automatic import. The photo gets stuck in the "import" screen. When I press the "cancel" button, the "import" screen disappears and I see the photo in the appears in the "library" of LrC and in the N mode. And then I have to switch to the "develop" module again.
I want the photo to show up immediately in "develop". I don't want to have to press a button twice each time. What am I doing wrong? Below all detailed information.
By the way a trial version of "smart shooter 4" with LrC plugin works perfectly and photos appear immediately in develop module. I can't imagine that ADOBE/Lightroom Classic would not be able to do this flawlessly as well.
What am I doing wrong?
Thank you in advance, kind regards,
Frank

DETAIL INFORMATION:
Photos are placed via Sony Imaging Edge - Remote on laptop in folder "H:-sony remote".
LrC settings
"Automatic import settings": automatic import is checked, control folder is "H:\sony remote", target is "H:\sony remote" subfolder "automatically imported photos", naming is "file name".
The LrC screen "import": copy/paste source: "sony remote", to "sony remote".
LrC is open in empty "ontwikkel" screen
Take picture
When I press the shutter, the LrC screen "import" opens. In it the photo appears.
Then everything stands still. Nothing more happens by itself.
If I press the "import" button the window appears with the text "Not all import operations have been performed. Cannot find file"
If I press button "cancel", the photo appears in the "library" screen, N mode of LrC. Then again switch to "develop".

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

This might answer your problem- (something is 'triggering' the Import dialog that is not needed.)

"In the Remote app go to Settings and in the Preview tab make sure 'Display preview with the selected program' is not ticked"

Suggestion was given in this forum thread- TETHER SONY and a FIX 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might answer your problem- (something is 'triggering' the Import dialog that is not needed.)

"In the Remote app go to Settings and in the Preview tab make sure 'Display preview with the selected program' is not ticked"

Suggestion was given in this forum thread- TETHER SONY and a FIX 

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much for your quick advice. It was indeed THE solution. My
thanks again.
With warm regards, Frank

Appenseweg 2 www.frankboots.nl EDITED BY MODERATOR TO REMOVE ADDRESS, EMAIL AND PHONE DETAILS.... I assume you sent an email reply that has this information in your signature - it can and does attract attention from scammers.

best regards to you Frank,

Geoff Walker - a kiwi in Gulu, Uganda!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines