Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Backing up catalog problem Lightroom cc 2015.8

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I think i have never backed up my catalog before, at least i dont remember me doing that. That being said, i decided to backup my catalog first before syncing and migrating to Lightroom CC classic.

So i quit the app in order to prompt me to backup, hit that backup option, but it is taking too damn long to do it and it has been hours for 2 and a half approx GB (not sure if that was the size of my catalog when i checked my catalog settings before deciding to backup).

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hit post by mistake, my bad guys, so to continue with writing about my problem here, 

The backing up process, and bar is frozen almost at the end of it for some time now, maybe couple of hours. So i ask, is it possible it froze or its not done yet? Should i quit LR AND TRY AGAIN? i think i had that froze again and just quit before, but im not entirely sure. Maybe i just left it and went to sleep.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lr CC 2015.8 (the traditional version of Lr) is EXTREMELY Old. Why are you still running that Old version?

You may have a corrupted catalog file or wherever you are trying to save the cat backup doesn't have the proper permissions.

You can Also just Copy the catalog file to some other hard drive than where the Real Catalog file is stored on and that is a Backup.

By Default Lr/LrC is set to automatically create a backup of the catalog Once a Week and you are Prompted to do so. Those backups of the catalog are stored, by default, in a folder called Backups located in the same folder as the real catalog file. So if you are actually running Lr CC 2015.8, which is at least 4 years old, you should of created many many many backups over those 4 years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines