Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Backing up Lightroom Classic NEF and catalog to Adobe Cloud

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just got a new Mac and signed up to the Photigraphy package that comes with 1TB cloud storage. I'm at a bit of a loss as to how to make my files sync as backup to Adobe's cloud storage though.

My current setup is:

- Catalog stored on my Mac SSD

- .NEF originals (RAW files) on a 1TB external flash drive

- Manual backup of both to an external 1TB HDD

I'd like an automatic backup of my Catalog and original files to Adobe cloud so I have an off-site backup. Please could you give me some advice on how to get this set up?

Thanks

Chris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need a bit of clarification. If you have the plan that includes 1 TB of storage then that would imply that you are using Lightroom, the version which is currently at version 4.1. Please verify that that is the case. If that is true then your original downloaded images are stored in the cloud. You cannot use the Adobe cloud as your backup. If I am not understanding what you are using then please clarify.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Quote "I just got a new Mac and signed up to the Photography package that comes with 1TB cloud storage."

Please confirm if you have the Photography package that includes the applications shown in the screen capture.

Screenshot 2021-03-10 at 6.39.15 PM.png

The Lightroom app will upload your original image files to the Adobe Cloud Storage and it will store the info that is normally stored in the Lightroom Classic Catalog file in the Adobe Cloud Storage.

The Lightroom Classic app will keep your original image files on storage in the disks on your computer system. The Catalog file has to be physically connected to your computer. You cannot store your original image files and Catalog file from Lightroom Classin in Adobe Cloud Storage.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines