Highlighted

Backup Location Options? V9.3

Contributor ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated Lightroom to the latest version and was making a new catalogue. Under the Catalogue Settings, you used to be able to choose where you saved your backups. Now all I see is a "Show" button which takes you to where Adobe has chosen to back up the files. Is there another way of changing that location? I prefer to go directly to an external drive and that's where I had the backups saved to before.

Thanks!

Glenn (Rain Lake Graphics)

I have to disagree. Backup location was never under Catalog settings. It was always in the Backup dialog box that appears after you click to close Lightroom Classic.

Topics

How to, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Backup Location Options? V9.3

Contributor ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated Lightroom to the latest version and was making a new catalogue. Under the Catalogue Settings, you used to be able to choose where you saved your backups. Now all I see is a "Show" button which takes you to where Adobe has chosen to back up the files. Is there another way of changing that location? I prefer to go directly to an external drive and that's where I had the backups saved to before.

Thanks!

I have to disagree. Backup location was never under Catalog settings. It was always in the Backup dialog box that appears after you click to close Lightroom Classic.

Topics

How to, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh nuts. You're right. You know what the first sign of old age is, eh? Uhh, I'd tell you, but I forget... <LOL>.

Thanks very much. My mistake. Appreciate your time.

Glenn (<-- I think 🙂 ).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines