• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Basic tech. question regarding LR programmes

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.   I currently use LR 4 which I purchased and loaded via CD.   I am considering upgrading to a newer version. 

I am wondering if a newer version, downloaded via internet, will over write the current version?

( I am hesitant to delete current version from my hard drive as it (new since loading LR4) does not contain a CD port for re-loading if ever I needed it. ) 

Will downloading cause any technical difficulties with the older version, or will they just be like two separate entities in my hard drive?    Obviously, I am not computer savvy and so if any one out there has a simplified answer for this, I'd sure appreciate some help and advice.

Thanks, Karen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before recommending anything.... since your computer may be quite old .... what system does it run (e.g. Windows 7) and how much RAM does it have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved your post over from the poorly named "Using the Community" forum, which is for getting help using this forum system, to a better forum.

I hope this helps. Best of luck to you.

It may. There is a setting to leave the older version installed.

As far a DVD/CD drive you can buy an externasl version that connect to a USB port. They only run about $20.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If your computer's operating system can support the current version of Lightroom Classic (which is version 10.0) or Lightroom (which is also version 4, but confusingly a different version 4 than your old Lightroom 4), you can download and install the newer versions and it will have NO EFFECT on your old Lightroom 4. They will be separate programs that don't interact. A copy of your old Lightroom 4 catalog can be upgraded to Lightroom CLassic 10.0 for you to use in the newer version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines