• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Batch Actions

Participant ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to batch process actions in a Lightroom export, such as can be done in Bridge? Am somewhat new to LR, can't seem to find the information about this. Thanks for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but this is too general. I have some custom actions that I've created in Photoshop. Do you know where they reside and how to get them into the Lightroom Export Actions folder? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your first link led me to this:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/export-presets-settings-plug-ins.html#create_export_a...

Now, do you know where to find the custom actions that I have created in Photoshop over the years?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot use Photoshop actions in Lightroom. Photoshop is a pixel editor, which permanently changes the pixels in the original.  Lightroom is a parametric editor, which means that edits are saved as text in the catalog, and applied to a new image on export. The original remains untouched.

But you can apply a set of Lightroom edits that you have saved as a preset to multiple files before you export.

Or, you can copy & paste edits from one image to several other images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you create a Droplet in Photoshop, you can Export from Lightroom and call up the Droplet (with an action) that is named in the 'Post Processing' field of the Lr Export.

http://lightroomsolutions.com/grayscale-mode-and-droplets/

Do you know where they reside...?

My limited knowledge of Ps suggests that Actions are stored in a .PSP file (within the 'Settings' folder):

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/photoshop/using/preset-migration.html

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, thia is helpful. Haven't dealt with droplets before, i don't even know what they are. I found the folder that is supposed to contain Photoshop actions and it is empty, then i read that actions need to be saved one by one, from the actions panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines