Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Batch Export Video Frames

Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have a folder of images and video files.  I would like to be able to export all of the video files as still images.  (just the first frame).  I have found the "Capture Frame" function once you open the video, but I have several hundred of these, so I'm looking for a way to automate the process.   Does anyone know how to do this in Lightroom Classic?

Thanks.

Eric

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, there isn't any easy way to automate this. Adobe didn't make this functionality available to plugins either. I think the best you could do is use a keyboard macro utility (e.g. Autohotkey on Windows), which will necessarily be fussy and take a bit to make work.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I remember correctly, in the past, I used the Plugin from Jeffrey Friedl-

http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-goodies/preview-extraction

Just testing now with this method-

1) Selected a folder and filtered for videos

ScreenShot221.jpg

2) [Ctrl+A] to select all videos

3) Ran the Plugin from  MENU: Liibrary> Plugin Extras> Extract Preview Images

4) Result is a folder of JPGs that I can now import to the Catalog (& Rename, keyword, etc)-

ScreenShot229.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much!  I'll give this a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-goodies/preview-extraction"

Good solution!

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More thoughts-

@johnrellis You might know-Would I be right in sugggesting to make 1:1 previews before extracting?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Would I be right in sugggesting to make 1:1 previews before extracting?"

I don't think so.  I just did a quick test on freshly imported 3840 x 2160 videos, and doing Library > Previews > Build 1:1 Previews produced the message "No 1:1 previews were built". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines