• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Batch Transform (Vertical) applies same correction based off selected photo, not individually.

Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed the Vertical correction has been very innaccurate lately (9.3, and updated to 9.4 hoping it would fix itself)

ALL of my work is importing images and selecting my basic presets. So I'll select 25 images, and hit my 'Vertical+Basic' preset. I then notice when I go to every single image one by one, they're all incorrect, and if I turn off, and switch back on the Vertical option, every single image adjusts (wrongly) by the same amount. 

To fix, I'm having to go to each image and hold Alt so that "Reset Upright" appears, then if I hit vertical, it actually looks at the selected image and works fine. 

Can anyone address the batch selection and Vertical adjustment issue?
Windows 10, i7-9900K, 64GB RAM

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, this is a user-to-user forum, so nobody here can address bugs. For bug reports go to https://feedback.photoshop.com. Secondly, this may be something that can easily be fixed by recreating the preset. That is a few seconds work. Make sure you check the correct options. In order to make Lightroom calculate the upright again for each image, you should only check Upright-mode when you save the preset, not the other two Upright options.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gotcha. I've used this same preset in my daily workflow for several years, but I recreated it anyway just in case something had changed during one of the many updates. I had suddenly noticed it the past few weeks that most of my images were not correcting correctly. Hopefully this will work. 
 - Adam [www.apimagery.com]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will do a better test and new video later if I get a chance, but I can confirm, even after making a new Preset with only Vertical Correction and CA adjustment, that selecting multiple images and using the preset, BUT now ALSO just clicking the Vertical button in the Develop>Transform module, that it seems to apply the same correction values of the selected image, to the rest of the images, instead of it anaylzing each image and applying unique correction values. 

This sample video isn't very helpful so I'll explain:
The shown image has "Vertical" ticked while multiple images were selected, so it was given some others photos correction values. You can see myself click it on and off again a couple times, then I hold Alt to RESET the vertical info, and simply click the button again, and it applies correctly. 

TL:DR - LR (since 9.3 up to 10) for me, applies a single image's Vertical correction values to all the images, if multiple images are selected and applied in batch. Individual images aren't processed uniquely.

https://youtu.be/G9rQvGGGhxQ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another video showing a rough example of what I'm talking about (Video with notations). 

https://youtu.be/aKbnbUlOSW4 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines