Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Before/After Not Working/Blank

Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BeforeAfter.JPG

I've been doing some research online to try to find a solution to this.  I've found several different people who've ran into this problem, but no solution.
Basically the before pane is blank.

I've tried disabling GPU acceleration, this has no effect.

I've also tried restoring Preferences to default settings.

And of course I've upgraded to the most current version of Lightroom.

I've even uninstalled Lightroom and reinstalled it.

Anyone else have suggestions on this issue, or  fixes for it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

This might be caused by a defective monitor profile.

Try setting the monitor profile to sRGB, or Adobe RGB if you have a wide gamut monitor.

If that fixes the problem, you should ideally calibrate your monitor with a hardware calibrator.

Go to Control Panel > Color management.

Add the sRGB (or Adobe RGB) profile, then set it as Default profile. Make sure that Use my settings for this device is checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not seen this particular failure. Perhaps you need to re-install your graphics driver — yes that's just a guess.

Also, we here in this forum really really need to know the version NUMBER of your Lightroom and not words like "most current version". Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic CC 7.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason for asking for the exact version number is because

1. some users think that they are current, but they are not
  2. after some time the message "current" will be meaningless, as the versions have accumulated.

May I ask you to go to help->system info and copy paste here that info from the start (Lightroom Classic...) up to the graphics card (stop at the application folder) .

May be someone with a similar configuration has a clue on what's going on.

What you could still do is to check for a graphics driver upgrade.

When did that problem exactly arise? May be you can retrace what was just before this started to happen, like OS update, some program install, graphics update...

and btw: it's a nice picture! 🙂

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic version: 7.0.1 [ 1142117 ]

License: Creative Cloud

Operating system: Windows 10

Version: 10.0

Application architecture: x64

System architecture: x64

Logical processor count: 8

Processor speed: 3.4 GHz

Built-in memory: 16332.2 MB

Real memory available to Lightroom: 16332.2 MB

Real memory used by Lightroom: 1558.3 MB (9.5%)

Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 2052.7 MB

GDI objects count: 606

USER objects count: 1888

Process handles count: 1574

Memory cache size: 9.2MB

Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 5

Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2

Camera Raw virtual memory: 515MB / 8166MB (6%)

Camera Raw real memory: 535MB / 16332MB (3%)

System DPI setting: 96 DPI (high DPI mode)

Desktop composition enabled: Yes

Displays: 1) 1920x1080, 2) 1920x1200

Input types: Multitouch: Yes, Integrated touch: Yes, Integrated pen: Yes, External touch: No, External pen: Yes, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info:

DirectX: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! 
I don't remember exactly when it first started.  Sometime in the last 6 months I believe.  I brushed it off as something that just happened due to an upgrade.  Above is posted the requested information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What develop settings have you changed in this particular image?

Can you test this or another image and make a drastic change like pull the vibrance and saturation slider all the way to the left?

If you are in loupe view and tap the backslash key does the image show a preview of the before changes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BeforeAfter.JPG

Above is an image with more drastic changes. 

BeforeAfter2.JPG

Here is the '\' key

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try setting the monitor profile to sRGB, or Adobe RGB if you have a wide gamut monitor.

If that fixes the problem, you should ideally calibrate your monitor with a hardware calibrator.

Add the sRGB (or Adobe RGB) profile, then set it as Default profile. Make sure that Use my settings for this device is checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Per+Berntsen  wrote

Yeah this seems to have fixed it.  I went through and erased all my custom color profiles and restarted the computer.  After doing this I had my before and after back again.
Thanks so much for all the help everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fix does not seem to work for me, and how would this fix help for calibrated monitors if we have to use the srgb profile?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reinr76434344  wrote

how would this fix help for calibrated monitors if we have to use the srgb profile?

It's not really a fix, but a way to find out if the monitor profile is defective or corrupted, or incompatible with Lightroom.

If you have this display problem with a calibrated monitor, and setting the profile to sRGB fixes it, you should recalibrate.

Make sure to create a version 2 (not version 4), matrix-based profile.

This fix does not seem to work for me

Please describe in detail what the problem is.

Does it happen in Library or Develop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found the fix for my problem and the culprit are smart previews.

When i disable using smart previews this problem goes away but it's only a problem with the classic version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2019 Jan 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i found solution for this problem!!!

RTX 2060, Windows 10 clean instalation, the new CC  2019, and typical problem, no before screen, many of us used msi afterburner and RIVA TUNER statistic to see fps in games, you must add to exclusion Lightroom i RIVA TUNER, he add fps when you work on it, after this, restart lightroom and no problem ever

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue on my new Surface Pro 7 I just got a week ago. I changed the moniter profile and stuff but it didn't work? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue on my surface pro 7 as well.  I tried all the things listed above, still doesn't seem to work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue with new Suraface Laptop 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have a new Micosoft Surface Laptop that has this issue.  Has anyone had any luck?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try to disable the graphics processor under Edit > Preferences > Performance.

If this helps, make sure the graphics driver is up to date, then try to enable the GPU again.

Do not rely on Windows to keep the graphics driver up to date, go to the graphics card manufacturer's website, and download the latest driver.

Even a new computer typically comes with drivers that are already outdated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines