Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Before / After view does not show original image after Preset import

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I typically import RAW picture with predefined Presets, after if I want to see the original image vs. the edits applied by the presets it shows the exact same image twice, the only way to see the original image is to select "Reset all settings". Is there another way to have the feature work as labeled without resetting all edits?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The import and the application of the preset are recorded as a single step in History, so I think resetting is the only way to see the unedited image. You could of course also turn off the Develop panels that are used in the preset, but it will be awkward if the preset uses more than one panel.

An alternative method could be to import without the preset, then select all the imported images, and apply the preset.

Then you would have one History step for importing and one for the preset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey did you ever figure out an easier way to do this? I coud've sworn that seeing the Before image always showed without presets that were added at import, but I am noticing it is not showing me that and I have the same issue as you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines