• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best way to normalise Lightroom Photomerge?

Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!
Please suggest best way to to normalise photomerge if exist!
I mean straighten horizontal lines without losing lot of image.

Thanks!

Anotācija 2020-02-04 101256.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This depends on the projection you choose. Providing that you do not have a very wide panorama, you will get straight lines if you choose the 'Perspective' projection. There are limits to this kind of projection however. 

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An alternative is to open the image in Photoshop and use the Adaptive Wide Angle filter to manually straighten those lines.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, for answer, JohanElzenga!

...  open the image in Photoshop and use the Adaptive Wide Angle... 

Yes it is what i doing right now. Whole image looks hard to adjust for me. Best results i hope to reach adjust each single image.

Then put them somehow together? 😄

There are sample preview.

Anotācija 2020-02-04 121810.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is nothing to gain from adjusting individual frames. In fact, that will make them impossible to merge at all.

Your angle is simply too wide. See my reply below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to use Adaptive Wide Angle in Photoshop, you'll have to use it on the resulting panorama, not on the individual frames.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an extremely wide angle and with straightened horizontals the result will be massively stretched in the corners. The final result will look something like a butterfly.

That's problematic because it means extreme upsampling around the edges. It will only be sharp at the very center.

If it's not possible to move the camera further away, consider a narrower angle.

What few people realize is that stitching is optically equivalent to using a wider angle lens. The net result is exactly the same and you run into the same problems with straight lines/corner stretching. Beyond a certain angle, the stretching becomes impossible to handle and you need to resort to the fisheye view.

To get a decent result here, do it in Photoshop. Reduce the size of the center frame and put it at the bottom of the stack so that the others align to that. This avoids excessive upsampling, so you at least get a reasonably sharp result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, for answer, D_Fosse!

It is also souds good idea for me i can easy to understand and use!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, JohanElzenga and D_Fosse, for recommended various possibilities, will try them!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines