Highlighted

Best Way to Transfer Catelog From Lightroom CC to Lightroom Classic?

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone! I want to move all of my photos from lightroom CC into lightroom classic because I have seen the benefits that it will offer me. Would there be a way to transfer all of those photos over while saving all ratings, stars, and edits on every individual photo without losing any quality? If so, how would I do so? 

Topics

How to, Import and export, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Best Way to Transfer Catelog From Lightroom CC to Lightroom Classic?

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone! I want to move all of my photos from lightroom CC into lightroom classic because I have seen the benefits that it will offer me. Would there be a way to transfer all of those photos over while saving all ratings, stars, and edits on every individual photo without losing any quality? If so, how would I do so? 

Topics

How to, Import and export, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean, what exact version, by Lightroom CC?

If you are using an older version of the Traditional LR version all you have to dpo is Copy over your images and the older LR Catalog file.

See this website for instructions

How do I move Lightroom to a new computer? | The Lightroom Queen

If you are using the Cloud Storage version of LR then I'm not sure since by default LR Cloud storage does exactly that. It stores all your images on the Adobe Cloud server system and you need those images on your computer to work with the traditional version of LR.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have Lightroom Classic installed?

If so, then as you're looking to download the images from the cloud, you can use the Lightroom Downloader to do so. Photo Editor | Online Photoshop Lightroom

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The simple method is to install Lightroom Classic and start sync.

Hover top-left over the name plate and click the downward-pointing icon that appears. That enables you to start and pause sync.

All assets in the cloud will download into your folders(s) with your edits and ratings etc.

You should first set up your choices under:

Preferences >> Lightroom Sync (tab)

You can specify to place downloads into a single folder, an external hard drive or dated sub-folders.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
WobertC LATEST
Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 for this!

The simple method is to install Lightroom Classic and start sync.

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 9.4, Lightroom 3.4, Photoshop 2020 (21.2.1), Nikon DSLR, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines