Highlighted

Big delays on startup of 9.3

Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using 9.3 on an updated Windows 10 computer.  In the previous version LR would load my catalog on a few seconds (maybe 5?) and be ready to work.

Now when I start most of the UI loads, but the Collections and the folders in the left panel of the Library module take almost a minute to load (the CPU during these events is running at about 20%).  Eventually those panels fill in and I'm good to go.

Hopefully this can be addressed in a subsequent release to restore the previous snappiness that I'm used to with LR!

Edit:  My Catalog has been optimized a couple of times as well to see if that can help, but no change.  Also my machine has 32GB of ram and my catalog has 89K photos in it.  Both my catalog and my photos are on NVME storage.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Big delays on startup of 9.3

Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using 9.3 on an updated Windows 10 computer.  In the previous version LR would load my catalog on a few seconds (maybe 5?) and be ready to work.

Now when I start most of the UI loads, but the Collections and the folders in the left panel of the Library module take almost a minute to load (the CPU during these events is running at about 20%).  Eventually those panels fill in and I'm good to go.

Hopefully this can be addressed in a subsequent release to restore the previous snappiness that I'm used to with LR!

Edit:  My Catalog has been optimized a couple of times as well to see if that can help, but no change.  Also my machine has 32GB of ram and my catalog has 89K photos in it.  Both my catalog and my photos are on NVME storage.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 20, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm actually seeing a faster startup with 9.3 than was apparent in 9/.1/.2.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 20, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In general the startup does feel faster, but in my case the UI is effectively unusable until those panels load in.  Glad its working for you though!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 20, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right I have to wait until the panels load. But compared to 9/.1/.2 9.3 seems ( and it might be me just Wishing it) to load faster. Still longer than LR 5.7.1 which I still have installed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 20, 2020 0