• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Big Sur and Lightroom 6 - Already a problem

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've encoutered a problem with LIghtroom 6 after installing Apple Big Sur MacOS. When I want to develop a photo the upper part of the photo is covered with a grey banner. There fore I can't see 1/4 of the picture. Any suggestions?

Schermafbeelding 2020-11-18 om 13.23.06.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

The only version tested and compatible with Big Sur is Lightroom Classic v10. That's the latest and newest.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/macos-big-sur-compatibility.html 

Any previous version is unsupported and at your own risk. Blame Apple for constantly changing the rules, not Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

“This does not work. Same issue here! Would really be appreciated to get a fix.”

As stated, Adobe will not fix Lightroom 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only version tested and compatible with Big Sur is Lightroom Classic v10. That's the latest and newest.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/macos-big-sur-compatibility.html 

Any previous version is unsupported and at your own risk. Blame Apple for constantly changing the rules, not Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well actually LrC V10 isn't fully compatible. Lots of problems being Reported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True, but when things go wrong in LrC V10 on Big Sur, these things will get fixed. When things go wrong in Lightroom 6 on Big Sur, it will never get fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe (or maybe not) the problem is your GPU driver. In Lightroom 6, turn off the GPU acceleration (Preferences->Perofrmance->Use Graphics Process should be OFF)

If that's not it, then I agree with @D Fosse , Lightroom 6 was never tested on Big Sur, things can and will go wrong, and these things will never get fixed. The only thing you can do is upgrade to the current Lightroom Classic v10.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not work. Same issue here! Would really be appreciated to get a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

“This does not work. Same issue here! Would really be appreciated to get a fix.”

As stated, Adobe will not fix Lightroom 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried tapping the 'i' key once or twice to disable the Info Overlay?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Press the "I" button to toggle this on or off. This is only the photo information data that was previously overlayed over the photo but with Big Sur has made Lightroom 6 so slow to make it almost unusable. There will be corrections with apple updates most of which users won't be aware of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got an old copy of LR5, I cannot replicate your problem using Big Sur. 

Type the i Key and that will appear then toggle to disappear, at least it does on my end with an even older version. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really don't understand why people who are using very old software always seem to be the first ones to install the latest version of the OS. If you don't want to upgrade applications like Lightroom, then don't. But wouldn't it be a good idea to wait a little longer before upgrading MacOS in that case? Until more is known about incompatibilities?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well with 32 bits Photoshop I knew it would not work with Catalina and
installen it anyway. This time I was told Lightroom.6 would work with Big
Sur. No rushing on my behalve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do call that rushing. I haven't upgraded my computers yet, even though I do use the latest versions of Lightroom and Photoshop and any other application that is important to me. Yes, Lightroom 6 'works' on Big Sur. But one or two weeks aren't enough to say that it won't have any additional problems compared to Catalina. We see this every year around this time, when Apple upgrades MacOS. People can't wait to install it, especially people who run old software that is possibly incompatble. 🙂

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have similar problems with LRc10.0 with Mac Mini with M1 processor and Big Sur.  I had to upgrade because I'm getting a Canon R5 with CR3 format and my current Mac doesn't support LRc with CR3 compatibility.  My issue below.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/lrc-10-0-issues-with-apple-mac-m1-processor-and-big...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines