• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Black levels much lower in exported image

Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My exported photos (Using AdobeRGB) have crushed blacks compared to the preview inside Lightroom. I've tried different image viewers and the image is the same between image viewer programs. Any idea what this is?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly are you using to view the exports - are these viewers fully(!) colormanaged?

Is your screen calibrated, and is it a wide gamut type?

Which (exact) version of LR are you using?

What is your OS and version?

Why are you using AdobeRGB colorspace to export?

.. we need much much more information for qualified help.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Faststone Image Viewer and Firefox.

It is. Yes it has a wide color gamut.

Lightroom 10.1

Windows 10 latest

I export in AdobeRGB because that way I can fully take advantage of my monitors colour gamut after editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you activated full color management (including monitor profiles) in CMS settings of FastViewer.

For FF, also make sure that full CMS is activated (..ask Google..).

Full color management means that the embedded profile (in your case AdobeRGB) as well as the monitor profile need to be respected.

The question stays that what is it that you are going to do with the exported pix. Depending on that, it may not make sense to export in Adobe RGB.

Anyhow, if you are using fully color managed applications to view the pix, they should show the same.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@CallumGGibson wrote:

My exported photos (Using AdobeRGB) have crushed blacks compared to the preview inside Lightroom. 

Preview where? Hopefully in Develop module, at 1:1 or greater. That's the only way to accurately view previews in LR. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines