• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Black panels in LR Classic

Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to share my Lightroom screen via Google Meet but the side, top and bottom panels turn black. I already tried the instructions to hide LR and show it again but it doesn't work.
I have had this problem for a long time even on my Mac screen randomly. But now, when I want to share a screen, the problem is constant and I cannot solve it.

I know this is an old problem that Adobe has been dealing with for years, I hope there is a possible solution.

I use macOS Catalina 10.5.7 and LR Classic 10.1

Thanks for any help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

In Google Meet you can share a window or your entire screen (use Google Chrome, not Apple Safari). You must share your entire screen. Sharing a window causes what you see, because technically the Lightroom screen consists of many windows. Each panel is a separate window.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a known issue? Is there a bug report? Is this a  Google Meet issue or a Lr issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does google meet let you share your desktop instead of the Lightroom app? I'm pretty sure that would solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Google Meet you can share a window or your entire screen (use Google Chrome, not Apple Safari). You must share your entire screen. Sharing a window causes what you see, because technically the Lightroom screen consists of many windows. Each panel is a separate window.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Indeed, sharing the full screen solves the problem. Even for other applications that had problems, like OBS Studio.
The concept that each LR panel is a window unto itself made me understand the problem. Issue resolved.
Thanks for your inputs! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines