• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blue Saturated Spots in Photo

Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using Lightroom Classic and suddenly started getting blue saturated areas throughout all photos, even after closing and re-opening with new photos. What's causing this, and how do I fix it?Blue Saturated Spots in Lightroom.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

This is a clipping indicator. The black areas that are clipped are actually shown in blue. Press J once or twice to get rid of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a clipping indicator. The black areas that are clipped are actually shown in blue. Press J once or twice to get rid of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, that did the trick!  Thanks a million!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the black point or white point clipping indicator is on, you see a white outline around the squares at the top corners of the histogram. That’s because you can also toggle the clipping warnings by clicking on those squares. The left one is black point clipping (blue indicator on image), the right one is white point clipping (red indicator).

Choosing View > Show Clipping or pressing J always toggles both indicators. The fact that your screen shot shows only the left one highlighted means that at some point, you probably clicked the left square unintentionally, and that’s how it came on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the excellent explanation. I see how I could have done that as I was adjusting the histogram. That's a huge help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines