Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blue screen crash using Adobe Lightroom on Windows 10 Home

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best Community members,

I have a Lenovo ideapad S340-151WL (81N800JUMH) with Intel Core i7-8565U, GeForce MX230.

I was hoping to use Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop and Bridge on this laptop. After one ore two minutes it crashes and shows the blue screen with Driver-Power-State-Failure at the bottom. Every time the laptop has restarted the problem came back.

Several people who have knowledge of IT and computers have looked at it, but the problem remains. All latest versions and updates are installed.

Apologies for my poor english, but I hope my message is clear. Hope to here from somebody.

Greats, 

Arjan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved your post over from the poorly named "Using the Community" forum, which is for getting help using this forum system, to a better forum.

I hope this helps. Best of luck to you.

Are you using :Lr Classic or the program called just Lightroom?

But inm any event you have a hardware problem of one type or another. More than likely a Heat problem but it can also be faulty RAM, CPU or GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When exactly do you get the BSOD?

What does the BSOD say? You may have to open the event viewer after the reboot to look it up.

Latest updates for W10 installed?

Latest driver from Nvidia installed?

I have similar HW in a HP and it works a treat.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"All latest versions and updates are installed."

Did you download and run the Lenovo System Update Program? That's the only way to insure you have the latest BIOS and driver versions installed. Make sure to run Windows update and install all of the latest updates before using the System Update program.

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht003029

I just checked and it lookslike the IdeaPad is not supported using the System Update Program. Try this link to run the driver update check.

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines