Blurry image in "Develop" module

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I am new to Lightroom and have encountered something that seems rather strange to me. When looking at images in the "Library" module, everything is crystal-clear and sharp. Whenever I change to the "Develop" module, however, the image I am looking at gets noticeably blurrier. It just looks like it is not rendered in the same quality. I do not have the issue when zooming in, but I'd of course like to look at the entire image at once and still get a sharp image. When I change back to "Library", it clears up (you can actually see it becoming sharper).

I am a bit at a loss as to what to do here. I did research the problem online, of course, and only found the suggestion to disable the graphics processor in settings and then restart Lightroom. Unfortunately, this did not solve my issue.

I am using...

- Lightroom Classic CC 7.5 (latest version), vanilla install (no plugins/extensions besides what came preinstalled)

- GPU: AMD Radeon RX 480 (6GB) with the latest drivers installed

- Processor: Intel i5 6500

- RAM: 16GB

- Screen resolution: 1920x1080, only this one monitor in use

When using Lightroom on my MacBook Pro, this issue is NOT present, so I suspect it has something to do with my other computer.

Thank you for your help and my apologies if this isn't the right place, I'd be happy to move this or ask somewhere else.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Oct 14, 2018 Oct 14, 2018
Yes the develop preview is unsharp with certain GPU processors. This has been reported before. The only fix in those cases is to disable the GPU if it bothers you. I vaguely remember that it turned out to have to do with some limitations of the video cards or in how they support the GPU acceleration that Lightroom uses but I am not 100% positive.

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started having this problem in October as well. I have a brand new IMac and everything is blurry in develop mode so I sure hope they don't expect me to buy a new 5k Retina display IMac and MacBook. Seriously this is ridiculous!! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may be experiencing the below issue, which was introduced in LrC 9.3. The Library module preview now uses nearest neighbor interpolation. This simpler interpolation makes the image look sharper, but also produces stair-step artifacts (jaggies). The Develop module provides the most accurate rendering at less than 33.3% Zoom.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/library-preview-zoom-interpolation-ch...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem seems to have been solved by the update to Big Sur on our Macs. No pixillation at 100% now in Develop mode. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. Finally, someone sees what I'm seeing. Only took
1 year to prove in not crazy. I hope Adobe can manage to fix this issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Folks,

I was here reading the thread that started from 2018 Nov of 2020, I know theres a lot of things to worry rather than finding how to render a proper sharpness in your PC. Well, I have encountered this issue couple of months ago and so annoying and frustrating not to be able to find the solution in time, I accepted it for a while and just kept on switching from Library to Develop module just to check if the photos are sharp its excruciating and I hated Adobe for hiring LAZY, LOSERS support, excuse my words but this is out of frustration. But I decided that enough is enough so I dug deeper high and low over and above, found the solution and I wanted to help others, Adobe hired enthusiastic and passionate people rather than charging us premium, but not delivering premium service.(SHAME) Anyway, here it is https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/optimize-performance-lightroom.html. Hope this resolve the issue you have.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines