• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blurry Photo (Develop Mode)

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I've been trying to get acclimated to LR classic software.  When I upload the raw image to the program from the SD card, it's not as clear in the larger image as it is in the details photo (on the right side) in the develop mode and I can't figure out why.

I've been shooting in raw images and my search for answers said that turning off the graphics processor does it, which I did.  That helped the big picture to be less pixelated, but it's still not a clear photo to edit like I would think it would be.  Not feeling confident to edit a picture that isn't clear when I know it is when I look on the camera. (see screenshot attached)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I'm not understanding your question. The large picture in the detail section is being displayed that 3:1. In other words, it's greatly magnified, and I wouldn't expect it to be as clear and grain free as what you are seeing in the little preview. That is a pretty aggressive magnification to be looking at, in my opinion.

By the way, when posting images in the forum, use the website and include the image in your message using the tools that are provided.

Message box.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I wasn't aware of the process for posting images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a problem. Seems that many users make the same mistake since the switch to this forum format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the first time I've posted in this forum.  To make sure I understand your comment and the other one, this is what I've taken away:  The middle image needs to be 1:1 and that's what shows me the true clarity of the original image that I shot with my camera.  The detail image on the right is the original photo too, but zoomed in more to show for editing purposes? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that you are aware of how to post an image could you PLEASE EDIT your original post and include the image in the body of the text.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps overly pedantic and rephrasing Jim's answer but you should zoom to 1:1 and not to 3:1 if you want to gauge sharpness. The two images have exactly the same amount of detail you're just zoomed in in the main image so much that nine pixels on the main display (3^2) correspond to 1 pixel in the original file. No wonder it is blurry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's easier to edit on larger image than the small square that is in the detail option that's why I wasn't sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So people don't have to download the image you have attached to your post please Edit your post to remove the Attached screen shot and Include it in the body of the text of your post.

You do that by Clicking the "More..." link at the bottom of your post, Selecting "Edit Message" and then use the "Insert Photos" icon in the tool bar at the top of the Post/Reply/Edit dialog box like this.

2020-06-07 19_13_42-Camera Raw Brush tool problem - Adobe Support Community - 11189555.png
Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the editing window, you are zoomed in at 300% (3:1). That is 3x normal size. There is no hope of a clear picture at that point. Clarity stops at 1:1 (100%).

In the navigation preview, the white rectangle shows the amount of the image being displayed.

Most of my editing is done at "fit to screen" or 50% zoom (1:2).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines