• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blurry Thumbnails on Lightroom Classic CC Import Module

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2019 Apr 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just spent nearly two hours today with Adobe tech support having full access to my computer to fix this problem with no light at the end of the tunnel

When I try to import photos into Lightroom Classic CC 8.2.1 in OS Mojave, the thumbnail are blurry regardless the file handling settings. If I just import all the photos, the thumbnails become clear. The problem is that I don't usually import ALL my photos - only the good ones. If a photo is out of focus, I don't want to import it. However, I can't tell when the thumbnails are blurry. This is a major wrench in my workflow. Anyone else encounter this and *hopefully* come up with a solution/workaround?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 14, 2019 Apr 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be helpful if you could post a screen shot of this issue thanks?

Which camera are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the screenshot.

Screenshot 2019-04-15 19.49.00.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what happens if you do not select to create smart previews?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2019 Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The import module is designed for speed rather than quality, so it displays small thumbnails embedded in the files in grid view.

Pressing E will display a larger preview, if one exists. You can then use the arrow keys to move to the next or previous image, and uncheck Include in Import if you like.

When you import raw files, pressing E will display a full resolution jpg preview embedded in the raw file.

Lightroom will not create any previews of its own until you click Import.

So you either have to check for sharpness after importing, or use other software before importing to Lightroom.

I use ACDSee, and a good free option is the FastStone image viewer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This cannot be the answer, I have the same issue, pressing E just shows the larger preview, which still is totally blurry. I don't want to user other programs, because Lightroom did this well before. I have 1000 images, and I only want to import those, I want to keep! My workflow is heavily disturbed by this too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try switch off the GPU support from the Lightroom preferences and check if that helps to fix the issue

Go to Lightroom > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" > Restart Lightroom.

Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ 

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you ever solve the problem?  I have the same issue, however I've noticed that images I've shot from my phones display a good thumbnail.  All images shot with any of my cameras display a bad image in grind view.  They only show decent images in loupe view which takes forever when filtering through hundreds of images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines