• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Book Module Drops Lightroom Classic Performance to its knees

Participant ,
Feb 16, 2020 Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying for the first time to create a book from a Lightroom catalog. Whenever I try to change anything: text, page layout, etc., I can wait as much as a minute between clicking the mouse and seeing the command executed. It's unusable. I have no such performance problems with LR otherwise.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that Lightroom Classic is running unexpectedly slow in the Book module. 

Could you please try turning off the GPU option from Lightroom's preferences? Go to Lightroom > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" > Restart Lightroom and let us know if it helps?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Akash -- Use of my graphics processor has 3 options: Auto, Custom, and Off. The Custom setting implies I can turn the graphics processor off for image processing but leave it on for display. Both the Custom and Off settings appear to solve the response time problem in the Book module. How should I leave Lightroom configured? Would either of these settings affect performance in general?

Thanks!

Frank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines