• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

braketed processing

Participant ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way that lightroom can merge all bracketed photos together vs one by one?

Thanks,

Rchjr

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom or Lightroom Classic?

Lightroom Classic has Photo Merge->HDR but I'm not sure what you mean by "one by one".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been highlighting the 5 bracketed images, then photomerge-hdr, doing one at a time. Is there a way to have all images merged at the same time?

Thanks for response

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lets say I have 25 exposures totalling 5 pics, 5 bracketed shots per image. I want a way to have them all ( 25 ) merged at the same time vs 5 at a time for 1 pic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom Classic you can do this as follows. First make stacks of the bracket groups (so you'll have five stacks in your example). You can probably use auto-stacking on capture time for this, if the brackets have been taken using auto-bracketing. Then select all stacks and use Merge to HDR.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, The brackets were take 2 under 2 over exposure. I will try that.

Thanks again,

Rchjr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once you've selected the 5 images you want to merge, enter Shift-Ctrl-H (on a PC) and the merging process will begin immediately without the HDR Merge Preview pop-up window being displayed. Don't create a stack first, because the HDR Merge process will create the stack for you if you've pre-selected that option.

There are 2 other ways to start the merge: right click when you've highlighted all 5 images, and select Photo Merge HDR, or press Ctrl-H. Both of those methods will bring up the HDR Merge Preview box and you're stuck there until the merge is completed. However, if you use the first method I described above, you can initiate as many of those 5-image merges as you want back-to-back. A message will be displayed in the upper left corner of the screen indicating how many of these processes are running. I wouldn't suggest running too many at a time, because the computer really starts to bog down, and you'll hear a lot of disk crunching.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jill_C wrote:

Once you've selected the 5 images you want to merge, enter Shift-Ctrl-H (on a PC) and the merging process will begin immediately without the HDR Merge Preview pop-up window being displayed. Don't create a stack first, because the HDR Merge process will create the stack for you if you've pre-selected that option.

I believe you are missing the point. The stacking is not done in order to get the HDR stacked with the brackets. That is indeed possible by selecting that option in the HDR dialog. The stacking is done because that is a (not very well known apparently) batch feature in Lightroom Classic. If you stack the brackets first, then you can let Lightroom do a batch merge to HDR. All the stacks will be processed one by one, without any more intervention from you. This works for panorama too. It was introduced in Lightroom Classic 8.4 and is a great time saver if you do lots of HDRs or panoramas: 

https://jkost.com/blog/2019/08/lightroom-classic-8-4-gpu-accelerated-image-editing-export-to-png-bat...

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am aware of this feature, and I think it's valuable that you pointed it out for others to become familiar with this "hidden" trick. My point is that there are multiple methods of creating an HDR image, and the user can decide which is most appropriate in their circumstances.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Jill_C wrote:

Yes, I am aware of this feature, and I think it's valuable that you pointed it out for others to become familiar with this "hidden" trick. My point is that there are multiple methods of creating an HDR image, and the user can decide which is most appropriate in their circumstances.

If you knew about this feature, then why did you advice the OP to not create stacks? That was confusing, to say the least. The OP did not ask how to merge to HDR, he knows how to do that (see his second message). He specificly asked about batch HDR merging (although he did not use the word 'batch'), so creating stacks and then using this feature is the way to do what he asked.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines