Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

{Branched] Fuji X100V not being seen as the right camera and camera profiles

Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have got the new Fuji X100V last week and noticed too that the Classic Neg simulation isn't available in the Lightroom workflow. Also, the camera is not displayed properly in the presets under "preferences". After I exit Lr, the X10 is displayed instead of the X100V!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

This a different issue than the one that has to do with the Camera Profiles.

This is about a lens profile, Fuji has supplied a lens profile which has been placed in the RAW file header specific to the Lens that was used to capture the image. That profile has already been applied by Lightroom and is not something you can turn on or off. If you click on the "i" to the left of the message you will be provided with more information.

Lightroom is functioning as expected. See the clip from your screen

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

I have the same experience with the file that I downloaded, see the screen capture with the information message displayed.

Enabling the lens correction activates an Adobe created Lens distortion correction to the image in addition to the one automatically applied.

Its a lens distortion correction that probably created with the Camera model displayed, but Lightroom is definitely recognising your camera model. 

Screenshot 2020-08-01 at 8.22.34 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Branched your post from the other conversation as you seem to have 2 problems and one is not related to the original thread. The camera not being seen as a X100V.

I have downloaded some sample images from this camera from DPReview and do not see either of the problems you are seeing.

2020-08-01 17_11_50-Preferences.png2020-08-01 17_13_41-LR Classic Test V9 Cat - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Develop.png

What Exact version of LrC are you using?

Are you using RAW (RAF) files?

What Firmware version is on the camera?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also screen shots of what you are seeing on your screen would help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have LrC v9.3 and it contains Camera RAW 12.3.

Downloaded a sample X100V RAF

In Camera Matching Profiles, I do have Classic Negative.

As listed:

1. Astra Soft
  2. Claasic Chrome
  3. Classic Neg
  4. Eterna Cinema
  5. Pro Neg Hi
  6. Pro Neg Std
  7. Provia/Std
  8. Sepia
  9. Velvia/Vivid
  10. Acros
  11. Acros+G
  12. Acros+R
  13. Acros+Ye
  14. Monochrome
  15. Monochrome+G
  16. Monochrome+R
  17. Monochrome+Ye

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks David,

You are completely right! All new simulations of the X100V are shown after downloading a RAF-file.

But another problem remains: the X100V is not listed in the screen "lens corrections" (I use the Dutch version of Lr 9.3) while my X100V shows active in the preferences/presets screen.

Schermafbeelding 2020-08-02 om 01.41.28.png

Schermafbeelding 2020-08-02 om 01.51.33.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This a different issue than the one that has to do with the Camera Profiles.

This is about a lens profile, Fuji has supplied a lens profile which has been placed in the RAW file header specific to the Lens that was used to capture the image. That profile has already been applied by Lightroom and is not something you can turn on or off. If you click on the "i" to the left of the message you will be provided with more information.

Lightroom is functioning as expected. See the clip from your screen capture in your post above.

Screenshot 2020-08-01 at 8.05.08 PM.png 

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same experience with the file that I downloaded, see the screen capture with the information message displayed.

Enabling the lens correction activates an Adobe created Lens distortion correction to the image in addition to the one automatically applied.

Its a lens distortion correction that probably created with the Camera model displayed, but Lightroom is definitely recognising your camera model. 

Screenshot 2020-08-01 at 8.22.34 PM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Denis,

Thanks!

I did check my settings again and it seems everything is allright.

Regards,

Joost

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded a sample raw file for the Fuji X100V and all 17 camera matching profile are available.

Screenshot 2020-08-01 at 6.50.10 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the latest version of Lightroom Classic version 9.3 installed on your computer?

Support for the Fujifilm X100V was implemented in LrC 9.1 with the caveat shown in the screen capture.

Screenshot 2020-08-01 at 7.16.45 PM.png

Lightroom Classic has been updated three times since then. Your camera model definitely appears to be fully supported in version 9.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines