Highlighted

Broken "edit>undo" feature

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For over a year now I have not been able to use the "edit>undo" feature after I make a change to a photo.  I just upgraded my Mac to Catalina OS 2020 - and downloaded the latest April 2020 version of LR...assuming that would fix the glitch.  NOPE - I can still only go back one move, after that there is no more move history available.  Any help or ideas?  Thanks!

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Broken "edit>undo" feature

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For over a year now I have not been able to use the "edit>undo" feature after I make a change to a photo.  I just upgraded my Mac to Catalina OS 2020 - and downloaded the latest April 2020 version of LR...assuming that would fix the glitch.  NOPE - I can still only go back one move, after that there is no more move history available.  Any help or ideas?  Thanks!

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 21, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Explain further. What does "after that there is no more move history available" mean?

If I make two (or more edits) to a photo in a Lightroom session, I can undo all of the edits in that session. If I make only one edit to a photo in a Lightroom session, I can only undo that one edit.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 21, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I mean is;  If I make 50 edits in LR on a photo, I can only "undo" my last edit - then there is no more edit history on the changes I have made to the photo available to me after that.  I have to be very careful and MEMORIZE, or write down, each move I make now so I can undo it manually if I don't like it.  For example, if I want to take down the Yellow Saturation slider from 7 to 0  - to compare it to another photo - I have to remember that so I can put it back if I don't like the change.  B/C once I export a photo - NO hsitory is available at all for that photo.  But even if I don't export, I can still only undo ONE or my last edit.  I used to be able to go back and "undo" every single move I had made on a photo...after export or not.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 21, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"If I make 50 edits in LR on a photo, I can only "undo" my last edit - then there is no more edit history on the changes I have made to the photo available to me after that. I have to be very careful and MEMORIZE, or write down, each move I make now so I can undo it manually if I don't like it."

So the problem is really that the History panel only has your last edit or action? You are saying that the entire sequence of edits is not shown in the history panel?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 21, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is correct! 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 21, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 21, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the History panel is where my edits are stored in LR - I typcally just use Edit>Undo (not the shortcut way) to go back and undo an edit...so don't ususally go into my "history" toggle.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 21, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok will try this

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 21, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to be working much better now, THANK YOU!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 21, 2020 0