• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush size larger than the cursor in Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2018 Mar 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a very annoying problem with the brush tool in Lightroom Classic CC. The problem appeared after I downloaded the latest Lightroom Classic update. The problem is that my brush is at leats 50% larger than the cursor size. I tried to find a solution in forums but without any success. Could anyone please help? I have the Dell xps 15 9560 with i7 7700hq, 64bit, NVidia GeForce GTX 1050. Thanks a lot..

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure I understand the problem. The brush size can be changed, so I don't know what it means that the brush is 50% bigger than the cursor, or why that is a problem. The brush can be any size you want it to be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply @dj_paige. I mean that I don't get the result I'm supposed to get. When I use the brush the "brushing" is supposed to be applied within the limits of the cursor size. In my case, the actual brushing is almost twice as big as the brush cursor circle.  In order to get the desired outcome I need to make the the cursor much smaller that the brush cursor. The funny thing, though, is that when a drag the mouse over the brush controls (feather, flow etc.) the cursor appears at its correct size and when I drag the mouse over the picture the cursor gets smaller instantly. Therefore I'm sure it is a bug..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes someone else posted something similar a month or so ago.

Things to try.

Turn off the GPU option on the performance tab of the LR Preferences.

Update the graphic card drivers

Restart your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Just Shoot Me. I tried all your suggestions. The problem unfortunately remains... Anyway, thanks a lot for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you looked at the thread posted by Bob in reply #3?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @just shoot me. Yes, I tried every different otpion: using " [ " and " ]" instead of the sliders and adjusting the mouse pointer options. Infortunatelly the bug remains... The cursor is a lot smaller than its real size when I move over the photo. Only when I move over the sliders of the brush I see the real size of it.. It is very dissapointing since I pay every month for a subscription. Thanks for the help anyway..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might be caused by a LONG TERM bug in Lr. See my reply #5 here.    Re: Adjustment brush changes size

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your setting for Feather? If it is anything greater than 0, the brush area will be indicated by two concentric circles. The inner, brighter circle is the area in which the brush is applied at 100% of whatever the Flow setting is and the outer fainter circle (easy to see when the cursor is over the side panel, but sometimes hard to see when the cursor is in the image area) is the outer limit where the brushing ends. Between the two circles brush strength gradually decreases from 100% to 0%. With Feather at 100 and Brush Size at any size where the two circles can easily be seen, pull the Feather slider down to 0; you will see the feathered area is reduced until it disappears at 0 but the inner circle doesn't change. With no feather your brushed in edits may have an unnaturally hard edge, but with 100% feather you may indeed be spreading the brush wider than you want.

Not a bug, a design feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I spent hours trying to solve this same problem - cursor in LRC about 2X the size of what gets painted.  I finally discovered that the cursor size in the MacOS Settings under Accessibility/Display/Cursor had been pushed above normal to about 2X the standard cursor. Kind of useful to see the the mouse pointer when using resolutions at or above 2880.  Too bad that LRC inherits this because the oversized cursor displayed with Development edits doesn't at all refelect what's being altered.  Great Whish List for LRC to ignore the Accessbility upsizing for all the development tools - most folks just need the mouse pointer to be sized up so they can find and control it but need the developemnt tools to display a cursor that is reflective of what will get altered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines