Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

BUG report WIN10 LR classic 10.2

Contributor ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have noticed a bug in the newest version of LR. 

I am editing sequences of very similar images, so I am syncing the settings from one image to multiple other ones.  On landscape oriented photos, this seems to not be an issue, but for portrait oriented photos, there is an issue.

The issue is with the radial filters.  I have two radial filters in a portrait oriented image, which I am copying to other portrait oriented photos.  Both radial filters (as well as all other settings) are copied over as expected/normal.  However, the size of the the one radial filter is changed (it's much rounder than what I have specified) and the second radial filter is exactly the same as in the sample, but it is in a different location.  The settings for the radial fitlers are correct, but the physical placement on the image is wrong.  This is while syncing, but also when I hit 'previous' in the Develop module.

When I change the radial filter to match the one on the previous image(s), I always get the cropping logo on the thumbnail too, although the image was not cropped in any way.

I'm guessing this should be easy to replicate, please fix this.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have try tried to reset the LR preferences to the default settings?

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

Try to deactivte the GPU support: 

Go to Lightroom > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" > Restart Lightroom.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-gpu-faq.html#troubleshooting

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html

If this doesn't help, feel free to report this problem or support a similar request:

https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

This is a User to User forum with little to no input from engineering team.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Axel, it has nothing to do with LR preferences reset, it is clearly a bug, but thank you for pointing me in the right direction, was actually looking for the link you posted, but couldn't find it, so posted it here, hoping someone from Adobe would be paying attention 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug has been outstanding for at least three years:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-synccopying-a-radia... 

Robert has added details of his issue to the bug report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you John, odd behavior. I have been a professional photographer for the last 5 years and have worked with the radial filters on 'all' images for the last 4. Have been using LR ever since it was called Lightroom 1.1 if I remember correctly.

I have not noticed the radial filter shift in other versions of lightroom before. Odd thing is also that it only seems to happen on portrait oriented photos, not on landscape orientation. As it had been outstanding for three years and knowing Adobe, they will not fix it anytime soon. Sad... They are digging their own grave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I have not noticed the radial filter shift in other versions of lightroom before."

LR 10.2 fixed some other longstanding bugs with sync/copy of local adjustments, so it's entirely possible that the buggy behavior changed somewhat. 

"Odd thing is also that it only seems to happen on portrait oriented photos, not on landscape orientation."

More precisely, it occurs on photos whose pixels are internally recorded as landscape but have an EXIF:Orientation field that tells viewers to rotate them 90 degrees (i.e. they have been rotated in-camera).   

If you take two portrait photos and edit them in Photoshop and save them as TIFFs back to LR, the bug won't occur between those two TIFFs, because those photos don't have an EXIF:Orientation field telling viewer to rotate them (Photoshop has saved them with the pixels themselves rotated 90 degrees).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot John, makes sense about the EXIF file to rotate, didn't think about that before, but I'm sure that will be the issue.  I'll try to check tomorrow to revert LR back to 10.1 and see if the same issues arise. I am often on older versions, as they seem to be less buggy. (I have been on Version 8.x for over a year, as all the newer releases bogged down my system way too much, despite my high specced desktop).  I am seriously doubting how long they can still keep this up, as other players (editing software) seem to be way faster...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines