Highlighted

Bugreport

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

ich kann keine Presets in eine Gruppe importieren.

Ich erstelle wähle eine Gruppe aus in Lighroom zB "Gruppe 1" unter Vorgaben und sage dann Presets importieren.

Die Presets werden dann nicht in die angewählte Gruppe importiert, jedoch nach Benutzervorgaben.

Bitte Fehler beheben, das Presets in die Gruppe importiert werden.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Bugreport

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

ich kann keine Presets in eine Gruppe importieren.

Ich erstelle wähle eine Gruppe aus in Lighroom zB "Gruppe 1" unter Vorgaben und sage dann Presets importieren.

Die Presets werden dann nicht in die angewählte Gruppe importiert, jedoch nach Benutzervorgaben.

Bitte Fehler beheben, das Presets in die Gruppe importiert werden.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 10, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're not Adobe, we're just other Lightroom Classic users. We can't fix anything.

There is a link on the main page of this forum that says "Submit Product Feedback", that's where your bug report ought to go.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 10, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google translation: "I cannot import presets into a group. I create a group in Lighroom eg "Group 1" under specifications and then say import presets. The presets are then not imported into the selected group, but according to user specifications. Please fix errors that presets are imported into the group."

LR is working as designed here.  A preset's group is stored in its .xmp file. When you import a preset, it gets placed in the group contained in its .xmp file (or User Presets if it doesn't contain a group). It doesn't matter which group you've selected in the Presets Panel.

If you want the newly imported preset to be in a different group, you'll have to drag it into that group in the Presets panel. You can move only one preset at a time.

If you want Adobe to improve how LR handles presets (which could use a lot of improvement), post a feature request in the official Adobe feedback forum, where Adobe wants all product feedback:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 10, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meine Erwartungshaltung ist ganz eindeutig, dass wenn ich Presets auswähle diese auch in die Gruppe kommen.

Dort steht ja auch: IMPORT.

Wenn kein Import möglich wäre, warum schreibt man dann dort IMPORT?

Lächerlich.

Ausserdem habe ich 800 Presets. Ich setze mich sicherlich keine 7 Tage jetzt hin, um 800 Presets zu verschieben.

Meine Erwartungshaltung ist in diesem Fall, dass der Import genau, das macht, wofür er vorgesehen ist.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 11, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google translation: "My expectations are very clear that when I select presets, they also come into the group.

There is also: IMPORT. If no import would be possible, why do you write IMPORT there?

Ridiculous. I also have 800 presets. I'm certainly not sitting down 7 days to move 800 presets. In this case, my expectation is that the import will do exactly what it is intended for."

Adobe developers don't participate in this forum and won't see your feedback here, though they do read everything posted in the official feedback forum:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom

As an inconvenient workaround, you can use the free Fix Presets plugin to rearrange your presets into file folders using Mac Finder or Windows File Explorer and then having LR mirror that organization as preset groups.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 11, 2020 0