Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Build a smart collection- Filter by IPTC Date without Year

Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I try to search for photos which are made on special date but without a special year. For example show me all photos which I ever made on 10. Dezember.

I tryed it by search in the meta data (iptc) but I get only a clear list with zero photos. Has anybody an idea here?

Thanks and best regards Frank

I use Lightroom classic newest version 10.1.1 on a Macbook Pro 16 macOS Big Sur 11.2.3

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do this with filters using the AnyFilter plugin by John Ellis

https://johnrellis.com/lightroom/anyfilter.htm 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob,

thanks for Your quick answer. But why I have inside the definition of the smartcollections the possibility to search inside the IPTC metadata when it ist not working? Is it a bug? I tryed it by copy the full content of the IPTC field and paste it in the smartcollection filter input and get zero results. The same if I paste only a part of the correct IPTC field.

Best regards Frank 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attach screen clips of what you are doing.  Which field are you copying from?  The Date Time Original field won't let you select and copy.

Also, screen clip the smart collection settings you are trying to use.

This will give you all photos taken on March 16th for the last 3 years.

Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 3.15.22 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob,

thanks for Your message. This direct possibility I know. But I will use the other search in the IPTC data, like a search over keywords. Please see on my new made screenshots.

Best regards Frank 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

2021-03-17_15-02-32.jpg2021-03-17_14-59-09.jpg2021-03-17_14-55-46.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not a bug. The reason why it doesn't work is because this field needs to contain a full date, so it won't accept "16-09" or "16 September" as a correct date.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines