Highlighted

Build-in lens profile is missing on some photos from same trip

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just returned from a trip to Norway and realized, that some photo have built-in lens profile and some are missing. (all RAW photos) Lens is Lumix Leica 12-60mm 2.8-4-0 and Lumix Leica 50-200mm 2.8-4.0. 

Panos and HDR photos show with build-in lens profile, but not the photos used for e.g. pano.

Anybody experienced this before?

Topics

Presets or profiles, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Build-in lens profile is missing on some photos from same trip

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just returned from a trip to Norway and realized, that some photo have built-in lens profile and some are missing. (all RAW photos) Lens is Lumix Leica 12-60mm 2.8-4-0 and Lumix Leica 50-200mm 2.8-4.0. 

Panos and HDR photos show with build-in lens profile, but not the photos used for e.g. pano.

Anybody experienced this before?

Topics

Presets or profiles, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom or Lightroom Classic?

What camera?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using lightroom Classic and Lumix G9 camera. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lumix G9 is a Micro Four Thirds camera and the lens profile should be applied by the camera, not Lightroom Classic.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure it's not the other way round? A panorama image never has a lens profile, because it is not an image shot through some panorama lens. It is stitched using multiple shots. 

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Johan, 

I have attached screenshots - one of the pano made in Lightroom (LrC) and the firste photo in the pano. There you can see that the pano shows Built-in profile and the single photo does not. (4 out of 7 photos in the pano, shows built-in profile)

Skærmbillede 2020-09-07 kl. 18.13.49.pngSkærmbillede 2020-09-07 kl. 18.13.20.png 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-Removed-

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are reports that Lightroom sometimes does not show the remark that a built-in profile has been applied, even though it was applied. That is probably what happened here with the original raw files. The raw file sure looks like a file that was profile corrected (no trace of any vignetting).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked some of my panoramas taken with a Sony A7R camera, and indeed Lightroom reports that a built-in profile was applied if I took the panorama shots with a lens that has an embedded profile. That is debatable however. Yes, a profile was applied on the individual images before they were stitched, but that is not the same as applying a profile to the panorama photo itself. And that is what is suggested here.

Anyway, I wouldn't worry about this. Your raw images must have been correct too, otherwise the panorama would not have this remark either. And if you think they were not profile corrected, then ask yourself the following question: How do you think a profile would improve this image? What problem do you have that you think would be solved by applying a lens profile? Quite frankly I can't think of anything (and that is why I'm pretty sure a profile was applied after all).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines